Saturday, October 25, 2008

Lost and found... not.

* Sorry folks, but I think I am going to take a blog break... I'll be back Monday with a new post.




Well, it's still Saturday, so I haven't missed today's post yet... only by less than 30 minutes though!

Today was super busy, and rough. really rough.

You know how when you forget your purse somewhere, or you lose money, like twenty dollars or so? And you get that awful lump in your throat, and your heart goes to pounding, and you start sweating and worrying?

Well, I, no we lost, $17.19 ... and his name was 'teddy'.



Remember this pic from a few nights ago?

Now, it's not completely my fault, even though I'm the mother. She's the one that cried for him before going into Wal-mart. I'm the one who should have known better. Lauren did real good most of the shopping trip. Then towards the end, she started throwing him out of the cart. And I of course threatened to take him away if she didn't quit. I'm sure she understood me real well. She thought it was funny. As I sit here and type, I'm trying real hard to think back to the last time I remember him being in the buggy. I can't. All I know is, I checked out. Got my extra ten dollars to grab some McDonald's and went to the car.

Got her all buckled in, gave her a nugget, and unloaded the stuff into the trunk.

Put the diaper bag in the car.

Got my purse.

Bear... bear... where's the bear? Where's teddy!?!?

So I quickly unloaded her and headed back in. To spare you all of the boring details of going to customer service and what not, I'll get to the point. We didn't find him. I figure he's found a new home either in Wal-mart or with some other kid.

All I can say is that I am thankful that I realized it while there, because had I not, we would have had a terrible nights sleep without him. I trekked all over that store trying to find him. So I grabbed another off the shelf and headed back to customer service. I showed the lady the bear and paid for it.



I doubt it will ever turn up. And I am really regretting not buying the extra I found a few weeks ago at a garage sale. If I find another, we are definitely getting a double to keep on hand.

But the ordeal doesn't end yet... You see, the bear she originally had was bought last year, and given to us as a baby gift. The bear style has since changed, or something. The new bear isn't quite like her old one.

And she knows it.

The first picture is an example of the new bear bought tonight... the second is a picture of what her old one looked like..

Levi told me how lucky we were that she accepted it and went on to bed. Because it isn't the same. She even brought it to me, and I swear if she could have talked, it would have been her letting me know it. They eyes and the texture are not the same at all.

*sighs* Such is the life of a mommy to a very spoiled and sensitive princess. She's so much like me! And I feel awful about it. Like I'm a terrible mother, how could I let this happen. But I'm sure there will be more days like these to come.


Ok, last I'm sharing a picture of me today with my 'curly' hair. All of my life, I have had straight hair. My daddy used to comb a very straight part in my hair every night. I always wanted beautiful curly hair, like Julia Roberts. Several perm attempts and fried hair, I'm just not made to have curly hair. However, since my last perm, this is what I can achieve.



Just a bit of gel, a few runs through the curling iron, and voila! I have to say I like it much better than straight, and so does Levi. It gives my hair some body.

Well, I'm terribly tired. Lauren is having some 'issues' right now, and we were up every hour last night starting at 2 am until 8. I'm just plum exhausted. I have a baby shower tomorrow and pictures. So it will be a late night post again I'm sure.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your day.. and night. You know we have to have days like that so we can sppreciate the good days. It's all a part of life. grandma

Saleana said...

Oh Shannon, I'm sorry Lauren lost her bear. I know the feeling you're talking about when they loose something that they are so attached to. Hopefully she will learn to love her new bear as much as she did her first one.

By the way, I like your hair!

Unknown said...

I just saw that you left a comment on my blog earlier...sorry it has taken me forever to get back to you! Things have been so crazy. Your blog is adorable and you have such a cute little family. I would love to make you a tutu. Just let me know what colors you want and the waist measurements, I sell them for $20. My email is kelleyhowephoto@gmail.com