So it's after midnight, and in continuing with my post a day, here is today! I couldn't wait, I had it all ready to go around 7 o'clock last night! I was so excited because I finally feel like I got my mo-jo back. I really haven't been feeling the creativity flowing until today. So without further due, your daily post for October 16, 2008:
Festus, I found you some friends!

I have an obsession... it's called horses, and I can't get enough of them. I LOVE horses. I've even had a few myself, and right now, I own a mule! Well not me, but my husband does. But I consider him mine too. I hope to eventually have one again, but with the baby I don't have as much time, and hubby wouldn't let me spend the extra money right now anyway if I wanted to...
So on our drive home yesterday, I found these guys. Well, not found, I mean I've known where they were all along... but today they were up to the fence, and I had my cheapo digital camera with me. By the way, I absolutely hate this camera, and will be replacing it as soon as possible. NEVER-EVER buy a Kodak Easy Share. Never. I had someone tell me they hated theirs, it went bad in a hurry. And I had someone tell me they loved theirs. It was black-friday 2007 when I purchased this for darling hubby, and I have regretted it since. I should have listened to the first person. Point is, don't buy it unless you pay a dollar and you won't regret bad pictures.

This adorable guy is a colt. He was probably less than 4 feet tall but you can't really tell by the pictures... soooo stinkin' cute!...
... "I'm gonna hug you and kiss you and love you forever..." ( <--- can you name who said that?) I'll give you a hint:
Awe, "come give me some sugars moma"...

Gotta love those ears!!! I know I do!

Of course I'm kinda partial to donkeys/mules and a**es (sorry, I'll keep it clean! love you honey!)

Here is a picture of another friend I made recently... well, not really. He wouldn't let me get too close. This is a bottle calf that belongs to my friend Terra... cute huh?
And of course Lauren had some fun too! I took this picture with the crappy camera over my shoulder while we were gallivanting!

Again, sorry for the terrible picture, stupid camera. And before you say anything, it is NOT the operators fault! I swear! I do know a little bit about what I am doing with a stupid-stupid-stupid camera...
Man I love fall!!! And I love Oklahoma!!! It is so beautiful right now... kinda cloudy, cool, and crisp. It just feels fresh and new all over again. We have had the windows up for the last three days (finally cool enough) and last night it was 66 degrees inside my house. A cup of hot cocoa, my computer, and I was good to go!
Gotta showcase my talents! THIS is why I love photography (for the record, have been doing this for a while, never thought to showcase it here):

I have to tell you about this boot... Levi has put his old worn out boots on our fence on the farm for a few years now. This past winter, when we bought Hunter's new boots, he decided he wanted to be just like dad and put his old blue-tops down there. I think it's precious, cute, and so grown up all at the same time. So today I drove by to check on things, and it occurred to me to take a picture.




See, I told you I knew what I was doing... Am I awesome or what????
Okay, okay, what?
You didn't know I had it in my huh? I'm seriously wondering if there is a photography 'market' out there for cute mules and donkeys and fat lazy horses... I gotta do something!
See you tomorrow?
Shannon


4 comments:
These are beautiful horses and photos!
AWESOME photo shots Shannon! you are talented...I love your blog, very entertaining !! LOLOL
Cool blog! I LOVE what you did with your photos!
Beautiful photos! I love the baby calf! But most of all Lauren looks so happy!
Post a Comment