Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Who does that????

11:03 UPDATE: After I got home from church, I saw a missed call from Grannie Nadine (Lauren's namesake). I called back and got no answer. I drove over to her house, no answer, lights off, door unlocked. Sooo, I started making phone calls. Finally I found out that she was taken to the emergency room by her daughter.

So I got Lauren back out after getting into her pajamas, and headed to the hospital. As far as we know, she's ok, but they think she might have had a stroke and she was dehydrated. I was happy to kiss her goodnight, and I plan to drive back to see her tomorrow.

So today's Quote is dedicated to her. She is a woman I completely admire... I know that considering her very hard start in life, when the day comes (hopefully not soon) she will be able to smile at the lord, give thanks to him, and say that she had a happy life.

So many people are consumed with the now... what they have, what they don't, fancy cars, and money. But when they lay their heads down at night, can they say that they are happy? truly happy?

I don't have much... I didn't spend thousands of dollars on credit cards to buy fancy clothes, nice furniture, or all the stuff. And with the market the way it is, I'm glad. In a few months I hope to have two vehicles paid off and in a couple of years I hope to have our house paid off. What a comforting feeling. My husband and I are healthy and despite our hardships with our children, they aren't sick. Sure we don't take vacations, and we don't have the top of the line stuff, but we are happy... comfortably happy with what they lord has taught us to appreciate. Material things mean nothing if you aren't happy within your heart.

Nadine never had anything; she worked, no slaved in the cotton fields in her youth, raised three children on a bare minimal, but spent the last few years in heaven... not literally. She has taken trips to Branson, Tennessee, and so much more. Enjoyed things and places that most people pine for in their younger days. It just goes to show that you are never too old to enjoy anything.

Sorry for the novel, it's late and I'm tired, so I'm not even sure any of this made sense... Point is, I love her, and I ask you all to pray for her. I just want her to stay happy.

Oh yeah, and pray for my car... having a technical difficulty, but I can expect that after almost 5 years with no problems.

................................................................

Who takes their kid to the park for the very first time and snaps 170 pictures? Seriously! Who does that?!?!

Oh, that would be me! *sighs*

I have a serious addiction to my daughter!!! I can't stop photographing her. It's like I don't want to forget any of her beautiful features... We had a ton of fun, particularly her. I sweated most of the time while I tried to chase after her. She definitely takes after me in attention span. She was so amazed with this new world mommy introduced her to and she had to take it all in. Literally. She ran from one piece of equipment to the next, completely amazed with each one over the last. To cap it all off, if I knew that my husband wouldn't actually kill me, I would have brought our new friend home. This kitten comes out of nowhere and lets Lauren pet, pinch, and poke all over him! Come to find out, he was a friend of the small cafe across the street, but she assured me I could take him home. He reminded me so much of my old cat, Damien. I wish I could have.











And yes I am one of those mothers who love those cute little butt shots. I just can't get enough of them. They are just too dang cute! You know you like them too!












I'm also sharing a picture of my $1.00 scarecrow guy that is so cute. I got him at the garage sales this weekend. Lauren loves him and talks to him. She also loves the big one out in our yard.

Okay I'm headed out to church, I'll add more to this post later.

Leave us some 'blog love'!

Shannon and Lauren

2 comments:

Angela V. said...

The butt shot is too funny! Those little tushies are cute though! I really like the pics you have with her and the kitten, so sweet!

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable! The butt shot is cute to and this is the only time she isn't going to yell at you for taking one so click away.