Ok, so call me weird. I'm a planner. People closest to me knows this, because nine times out of ten, nothing is spontaneous or unplanned with me. After 7 years I still haven't learned to quit asking Grandma if she wants to do 'such-and-such' next week. She's not a planner. So before I was pregnant with Lauren, I kinda already had an idea of what I wanted to name my children... Gunner (boy) and Lauren (girl, obviously)... but the middles names hadn't been chosen. Thought about. Not chosen. Now I know my boy, bless his heart, will most likely be Gunner Jack Caudill Fry. Yes, he will have two middle names as weird as it seems. Well, unless we save one for if we ever have another boy. But most likely, if we have another child, and it's a boy, we will call it good. However, it wasn't until recently that I thought "what if I have another girl?". Grandma has always said that we should have named Lauren 'Lillian' instead. This name comes from Grannie Nadine as well. I always thought I didn't like it, until today:

Now, don't jump the gun and call me crazy (ok, call me crazy if you must), I'm not making it a definite thing... but I like it now. Lillian Ann, and shorten it to Lily, and I'd say I love it. But when a child is born, there's always that chance that they won't fit their name. Lauren was Lauren the moment I laid my eyes on her... I was sure of that. Occasionally though, I think an 'S' name would have been nice. So who knows what's in store for the next girl. And isn't it funny how people can be one extreme or the other. Some wait, even a day or two, after the baby is born before gracing them with a name. I know there are others out there like me, so don't laugh at me! hahaha! ( <--- I'm laughing at myself) When the rare occasion comes that Lauren gets to come in the kitchen, for some reason she immediately checks out the stove. She loves it! I'm not sure why, but as I was preparing some tea and our afternoon snack, I was able to snap a picture of her gazing in...

My girl loves Little Debbie oatmeal cookies. She laps them up! Some other things Lauren has been doing...

Now, don't jump the gun and call me crazy (ok, call me crazy if you must), I'm not making it a definite thing... but I like it now. Lillian Ann, and shorten it to Lily, and I'd say I love it. But when a child is born, there's always that chance that they won't fit their name. Lauren was Lauren the moment I laid my eyes on her... I was sure of that. Occasionally though, I think an 'S' name would have been nice. So who knows what's in store for the next girl. And isn't it funny how people can be one extreme or the other. Some wait, even a day or two, after the baby is born before gracing them with a name. I know there are others out there like me, so don't laugh at me! hahaha! ( <--- I'm laughing at myself) When the rare occasion comes that Lauren gets to come in the kitchen, for some reason she immediately checks out the stove. She loves it! I'm not sure why, but as I was preparing some tea and our afternoon snack, I was able to snap a picture of her gazing in...


My girl loves Little Debbie oatmeal cookies. She laps them up! Some other things Lauren has been doing...
- 'dancing',
- 'finds' me when she wants her diaper changed,
- tries to put her bib on when we put her in the booster seat
- knows what 'come on-let's go' means (and comes running)
- steps out of her pants when changing clothes or undressing
I know those seem like minor things. We discussed this last night; pre-pregnancy days, I knew that babies had milestones. And in my yearning days for a baby, I looked forward to all of the 'firsts'- first smile, the first sitting up, first crawling, first walk... But I never realized all the small things in between and how much they warm my heart. They just grow up and become independent too fast!!!
We spent a few minutes outside, she loves to climb, especially on the slide.



Lauren hes 'helped' me with laundry today. She didn't think my folding job was very good, so while I was loading the laundry, she managed to pull every piece into the floor... *sighs* Okay, I'm wrapping up for now... I have sheets to wash, and floors to vacuum.
Oh!, just a fun tid bit about me. I'm not ocd at all, but two things I really have to do on a daily basis, well almost. I vacuum and I try to make my bed everyday. I think those two things make a house look much neater. I'm not always faithful with either, but I have carpet that shows everything. Plus I think about Lauren playing on it all the time. And it doesn't help that I have a dog that sheds like crazy. So I may not always do the dishes nightly or dust weekly, but I vacuum a lot.
Don't forget about the cute halloween decos (see previous post) I'm giving away, make sure you put your name in if you are interested in them.
Shannon
We spent a few minutes outside, she loves to climb, especially on the slide.



Lauren hes 'helped' me with laundry today. She didn't think my folding job was very good, so while I was loading the laundry, she managed to pull every piece into the floor... *sighs* Okay, I'm wrapping up for now... I have sheets to wash, and floors to vacuum.
Oh!, just a fun tid bit about me. I'm not ocd at all, but two things I really have to do on a daily basis, well almost. I vacuum and I try to make my bed everyday. I think those two things make a house look much neater. I'm not always faithful with either, but I have carpet that shows everything. Plus I think about Lauren playing on it all the time. And it doesn't help that I have a dog that sheds like crazy. So I may not always do the dishes nightly or dust weekly, but I vacuum a lot.
Don't forget about the cute halloween decos (see previous post) I'm giving away, make sure you put your name in if you are interested in them.
Shannon


No comments:
Post a Comment