Okay, so this is a sorta-corny post:

Just when I think things can't get any worse... they get better. Not what you thought I was going to say huh? I am a 'talker' to my Father almighty. I know it's sounds stupid, but there are literally times that I turn the radio off in the car, especially when Lauren is asleep, and I talk to God. It's my "God Time". Ok, you can quit laughing. I know it sounds corny. And here lately, I find I'm doing it a lot. Right now, in our life, finances are tight. Very tight. And I was really beginning to worry. I hate living this way. We aren't really poor or anything, we have a small savings, so we aren't 'without'. I just don't like to be this tight, as I'm sure most other people don't. And with me not working, I feel like I am not bringing anything to the table.
So in the middle of a more silent God time yesterday, my cell phone rings.
"Hi, is this Shannon Fry?"
"Yes it is."
"Hi, I was wondering about some pictures for my son..."
I was just amazed and flabbergasted, because I was just asking for business to pick up more a couple of days ago. Since then, I have received two phone calls needing pictures.
I have a shoot tonight, tomorrow, Sunday, Wednesday, possibly next Friday, and two on next Sunday.
How's that for receiving?
I have such an awesome Lord. I'm glad he knows what's best for me. Because it definitely makes me appreciate things a little more.
So, on our way home yesterday, I was so overcome with joy, we stopped and I took some pictures. I have this place that just makes me happy, and some days on my way home, I take the back road just to drive through it. So here are some for your viewing pleasure.




We originally went to Weatherford yesterday morning to have my car looked at by the dealership. Gotta get that speedometer fixed before I get a ticket. While there, we just happened to hear about the new scrapbook store grand opening, so we went there. We found ourselves in the middle of their ribbon cutting ceremony and we should be in the paper. I'll post a picture as soon as I get one. After we visited there, I found a cute pocket park on the north side of the store and I took some pictures of Lauren there. THIS is my favorite!

On our way home, we found this rig burning off some gas. I love drilling rigs. I'm not sure why really. But I found my fascination with them when my husband worked on one. So, I turned around to take some pictures. I was a little worried; one because the fire was closer to the road than I thought, and hot. And two, because somebody, I assume the driller, was on the floor yelling at the hands and I was scared that I would get in trouble for taking some pictures. Silly I know, and hubby reassured me that I wouldn't be in trouble. So here are two that I got:


Well, I suppose that's it for today... I have pictures of my town to post tomorrow, and a blog challenge. I'm off to take some pictures for other people today. I'm so excited!
I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!!!
Shannon

Just when I think things can't get any worse... they get better. Not what you thought I was going to say huh? I am a 'talker' to my Father almighty. I know it's sounds stupid, but there are literally times that I turn the radio off in the car, especially when Lauren is asleep, and I talk to God. It's my "God Time". Ok, you can quit laughing. I know it sounds corny. And here lately, I find I'm doing it a lot. Right now, in our life, finances are tight. Very tight. And I was really beginning to worry. I hate living this way. We aren't really poor or anything, we have a small savings, so we aren't 'without'. I just don't like to be this tight, as I'm sure most other people don't. And with me not working, I feel like I am not bringing anything to the table.
So in the middle of a more silent God time yesterday, my cell phone rings.
"Hi, is this Shannon Fry?"
"Yes it is."
"Hi, I was wondering about some pictures for my son..."
I was just amazed and flabbergasted, because I was just asking for business to pick up more a couple of days ago. Since then, I have received two phone calls needing pictures.
I have a shoot tonight, tomorrow, Sunday, Wednesday, possibly next Friday, and two on next Sunday.
How's that for receiving?
I have such an awesome Lord. I'm glad he knows what's best for me. Because it definitely makes me appreciate things a little more.
So, on our way home yesterday, I was so overcome with joy, we stopped and I took some pictures. I have this place that just makes me happy, and some days on my way home, I take the back road just to drive through it. So here are some for your viewing pleasure.




We originally went to Weatherford yesterday morning to have my car looked at by the dealership. Gotta get that speedometer fixed before I get a ticket. While there, we just happened to hear about the new scrapbook store grand opening, so we went there. We found ourselves in the middle of their ribbon cutting ceremony and we should be in the paper. I'll post a picture as soon as I get one. After we visited there, I found a cute pocket park on the north side of the store and I took some pictures of Lauren there. THIS is my favorite!

On our way home, we found this rig burning off some gas. I love drilling rigs. I'm not sure why really. But I found my fascination with them when my husband worked on one. So, I turned around to take some pictures. I was a little worried; one because the fire was closer to the road than I thought, and hot. And two, because somebody, I assume the driller, was on the floor yelling at the hands and I was scared that I would get in trouble for taking some pictures. Silly I know, and hubby reassured me that I wouldn't be in trouble. So here are two that I got:


Well, I suppose that's it for today... I have pictures of my town to post tomorrow, and a blog challenge. I'm off to take some pictures for other people today. I'm so excited!
I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!!!
Shannon


6 comments:
Shannon...talking to God and having that all important God time is not corny at all...it is essential. It's like talking to your husband or Dad or your best friend. I am so glad you got some business coming your way! That's a wonderful answer to prayer!
I will keep you guys in my prayers that more and more business will come your way.
LOVE LOVE the pics you took...they are gorgeous...such a beautiful little girl you have :)
Have a wonderful day.
Michelle.
Shannon, I have a book for you to read. grandma
ps: You can stand on any public property, and take a picture of anything you want. But you have to ask permission to take a pic of anyone recognizable in the pic. And if you step off that public property onto private, you cannot take a photo of anything without permission. Written - spoken is not good enough because it can be denied. As to whether or not you take that photo from public property, a lot depends on how fast you can run. I don't get tired of saying "beautiful pictures" because they are.
More from grandma:
I notice you don't have any identification showing on the rig. That's both good and bad: it could be anybody's rig, anywhere; and it could be anybody's rig anywhere - that makes you anonymous as photog, but it also makes the hands anonymous. (No sales there!) One good way to identify that rig: take a shot of the id sign leading in to location, staying on the road; another is to date the pic.
Not corny! I thought that was normal. Most of my best worship time is by myself in the car, too. :o)
Shannon, I agree with Michelle having that time with God is not corny at all. I do the same thing in the car. I actually feel guilty when I listen to the radio when I'm driving because I think God thinks I'm ignoring him. But that’s a different thing my husband giggles at me a little because I seem to make my own rules with God sometimes. Anyway, He loves you and knows you love him so he will always be there for you. I'm happy your prayers were answered.
And your photos! OMG I wish I could take photos like that. These are photos that Lauren will always have to cherish forever.
thats really awesome that you have gotten some photo shoots lined up! thats like a dram come true....getting paid to do what you love WTG!
Post a Comment