Sunday, October 19, 2008

So blessed! So blessed! So very blessed!

I am just ecstatic from the past three days! I feel so blessed! I had three very wonderful photo shoots. It's just awesome! AWESOME! I'm taking a moment to give thanks...

First and foremost, my friend Monica who was the first one to encourage me to "go take pictures!". And along the way she helped me figure out Photoshop, can you say arrrrggghhh! She has been a blessed online friend for four years now. We've never seen eachother face to face, but we share many pictures. Her blog is 'Our Family Journal'... go check her out!

Then, to my friend John, my computer guy, who sold me my first 'good' camera and built my new computer for me (He won't see this). He also handed down to me all of his stacks of photo magazines.

And finally to my cousin, who I am proud of and she is an inspiration to me, April. She has her own photography business in South Texas. She's a wonderful photographer. We didn't know that the other was into photography until November 2006. She has since shared a few tips with me, and helped me to prove that no matter your life circumstances, NO ONE can hold you back! She gave me permission to share this photo from one of her recent shoots:



Isn't that beautiful???



Well, I just got done with one of my best girlfriends, Amanda, and her son who is a senior this year. He was so awesome to shoot. He loved the poses and the backgrounds and we all had fun together. Since she is my best friend, she gave me permission to post a few here. I think she was just was as anxious as I was to see them. I haven't even begun to process them all, there are officially 404 pictures to look at and narrow down! But here are two that I really wanted to see... here is Nathan:





He liked the idea of doing a shot on the yellow line. Amanda wasn't so sure, but I am really excited about it. I have always wanted to do one, not sure why though. And last but not least...



I'm also sharing some cute pictures of Lauren and her daddy reading at grandma's house a couple of weeks ago. She took the book to him and wanted up so he could read all about Bambi and Thumper!








Well, I was up several times (actually 5 times) last night with Lauren. I still have tons to do before I can go to bed. So I'm signing off for the night. I know it's not much of a post, but I just don't have much to share.

I hope everyone is doing great!

Shannon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sneak peek! They look great!!! I can't wait to see the rest! You did a wonderful job, and I must say what a good looking kid that Nathan is (he gets that from me)!

Love,
A

Anonymous said...

I loved Nathan's pictures. He looks like a great kid. . . just speaking as a grandma, please be careful with that yellow line! Lauren and Levi kind of have the same profile, don't you think? Only she's prettier! grandma

Monica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica said...

You are oh so welcome. Like I said last night... you are a great photographer. You have the composition and creativity down pat!! PS does not come easy and even if you have a perfect post flow, if you don't start with good basics, you can't make it better. You have it all now!!!