Morning everyone! Today is a big day, so I don't have much time here. After two days of awful wind, rain, and cold, it turned off B-E-A-U-tiful today (<--- sorry, just think Jim Carey, 'Bruce Almighty'). So I'm scrambling to get stuff done at the house. Then it's off to town to clean out and wash my car, pick up some picture prop stuff, and take lots and lots and lots of pictures today! If you aren't a parent but soon to be, or you are and just haven't braved the thought of buying cheap diapers, my recommendation is that you DON'T! From the time I got pregnant with Lauren, I heard the debate, Huggies vs Pampers. I was lucky enough to receive some smaples in the mail, and decided I liked the way Pampers looked and felt. So we started out with Pampers Swaddlers, then when she got to movin, we switched to the Baby Dry. The other day while perusing K-Mart, I saw an opened package of *their brand diapers. So I sneaked a peek. Whoever opened them and left them, must have known better. I, however did not. I thought 'hmmm', we can try it for about 6 dollars cheaper and even 4 extra diapers than I normally get... why not?! So I did, and I have regretted it since. We are finally through with that package and back into Pampers baby dry, which I swear can hold 5 gallons of pee and not be wet on the outside. The cheap diapers? We lost about 6 of them to faulty tabs, and I changed bed sheets a million times.
Thank you Pampers!
This is a picture of one of Lauren's newborn diapers. Yes, I kept one! I actually kept two, and I have the two huggies samplers I got in the mail. Don't laugh, one day she will need them for her baby dolls. I just can't believe that my baby was once so tiny! I miss that.

So she may not look like me much, but she definitely is my child... Lauren has a thing for baby dolls and stuffed animals. just like her mommy did as a child.

Here I just missed her trying to make it cuddle with mr teddy who is under the covers. So I think I know what the princess is getting for Christmas. "Another one"? you say! Well, unfortunately this doll does not belong to her. She smuggled it out of the church nursery Wednesday night, and I didn't realize it until I was putting her in the car. I didn't have to heart, nor the gumption to get her back out and take it back in. So she's borrowing it until Sunday. Grandma has two little dolls at her house, and Lauren plays with them there. So it's good to know that I can get her something she will play with. I'm thinking one of those dolls that cry and giggles she will just adore.
Well, I truly better get up and get going. I will have pictures for you later! So make sure you check back!
Our love to all!

Thank you Pampers!
This is a picture of one of Lauren's newborn diapers. Yes, I kept one! I actually kept two, and I have the two huggies samplers I got in the mail. Don't laugh, one day she will need them for her baby dolls. I just can't believe that my baby was once so tiny! I miss that.

So she may not look like me much, but she definitely is my child... Lauren has a thing for baby dolls and stuffed animals. just like her mommy did as a child.

Here I just missed her trying to make it cuddle with mr teddy who is under the covers. So I think I know what the princess is getting for Christmas. "Another one"? you say! Well, unfortunately this doll does not belong to her. She smuggled it out of the church nursery Wednesday night, and I didn't realize it until I was putting her in the car. I didn't have to heart, nor the gumption to get her back out and take it back in. So she's borrowing it until Sunday. Grandma has two little dolls at her house, and Lauren plays with them there. So it's good to know that I can get her something she will play with. I'm thinking one of those dolls that cry and giggles she will just adore.
Well, I truly better get up and get going. I will have pictures for you later! So make sure you check back!
Our love to all!



3 comments:
We tried the Kmart brand of diapers and hated them...
I think we've tried them all-LOL
Here is my grading of the diapers.
Luvs: B-($$)
Walmarts Parent choice brand: D ($)
Target: A- ($$)
Giant Eagle: A ($$)
Dollar General's off brand: B+ ($)
KMart:F ($)
Huggies and Pampers: A but overpriced. ($$$)
There were a couple others I've tried... and I can't remember where they were from now.
We have gone through all different types... right now for our budget and for holding large amounts of pee... we are using Giant Eagle.... SIZE 6!!! Yikes -- I know... I remember him wearing the newborn size.... for like a week.... LOL
Ah Diapers...i always used huggies until i switched to cloth...but you are right, those cheapie diapers are horrible. I wish the Pampers weren't so darn expensive!
Awwww...look at her with her baby doll! Ya know that is how Maddie got her "baby"...she took it from the church nursery and then wouldn't give it back...it was this ratty dirty little baby doll too...no clothes...and she LOVES it. She loves on that thing like it was real!! LOL So we let her keep it and got a new baby for the church nursery! LOL {sigh}...we lovingly call her baby "dirty baby"!! hehe...
Michelle.
I kept two newborn diapers, too. Doesn't everyone? I kept his hat from the hospital, also.
I'm using Luvs right now. We've been using them for a while now and I really like them. We use Huggies Overnights at night, though.
I'm going to have to try Target brand, though! (We don't have a bunch of those other brands Stephanie talked about...)
Post a Comment