Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dogs Kids and vacuums...

Apparantly I own three vacuum cleaners- a rainbow home cleaning system (which I have no idea how I got through life without!) and two Hoovers! Their names are mattie and dixie! While they were being cooped in the kitchen, I realized I have a very spoiled dog. Dixie thinks that our bed is her throne anytime. When she is unable to access it, she pouts, badly. And she absolutely refuses to sleep on the cold hard tile. I get a mental image of a princess in a jail cell, she's too good for it. Finally, while making apple pies, I threw a cup towel down in front of the clothes hamper. She laid down on it and sulked even more.

(If you have never seen a rainbow or heard of it, and you have 2K to drop on one, or better yet, do the 20 demos and earn one for free, you should! And you are probably asking how in the heck a vacuum is worth thousands? Well mine can do everything but make the bed! hahaha! Seriously, when a spill happens, no more wrestling with towels and stuff. Just suck it right up and you know that you definitely got all of the liquid back up. It's an awesome piece of home cleaning equipment. Even my husband agrees. I no longer sweep, I use my hardwood floor attachment and get everything up. I no longer 'dust' our critters on the wall, my lampshades, or my ceiling fans. It all get's sucked up and I purify my air while I am at it. Anyone who owns one knows what I'm talking about... anyone have one? anyone want one?)





Here are a few pictures of the other princess of the house from tonight... She enjoyed quality time in daddy's arms and a good book:






Isn't is amazing how something that has needed to be fixed for months (oh, say like an off-set floor mat that your chair rolls off and get's stuck when you try to scoot back up on. So then you have to stand up, pick the chair up and set it back right...), can seem like a miracle just happened when you finally fix it?!?! It's so nice to sit down at my desk and there's no more chair wrestling. I was able to do some scrapbooking tonight... got a two page layout done on my first day back at work and then my first day at home with Lauren. I have to say that I am so happy that I was able to stay at home. And yes, I miss work, but there was so much stuff that I would have missed with Lauren had I not quit. The 29th of this month will be 8 months. It seems like so much longer, but so much has change that it's understandable.

Well, I'm on my way to drop the car off at the dealership and on to OKC with Terra today. We discovered that the thermostat is not working to cool the engine down. Hopefully it will be an easy fix and easy on our pockets books, but I have a feeling it's not.

Have a great day!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon! I finally got all the blog read and I have to agree: Lauren is one smart kid! Plus beautiful! As far as names for a new one, I'd like Lillianne Rose, and that would even work for twins! No, seriously, names are so personal that no one but you and Levi should pick a name. Hope you and Terra and Lauren have a nice time today and stay safe. Grandma

PS: I am so enjoying your blog.