Thursday, October 23, 2008

Weekly Dose of Lauren Pictures!

Yay!!! I won my first ever blog giveaway! I won the cutest necklace from Melli B. If you haven't seen her stuff, click here. I had a hard time choosing, but I finally decided on the white one. Thanks Melissa!!!






Don't those big 'ol eyes just make your heart melt?

So today was a great day! We went to grandma's this morning, and we had fun taking pictures. She was such a ham today! I have learned something about my daughter. She's a stinker, a joker. Already. Yesterday at grandma's house, I asked for some kisses. She started towards me like she was going to give me some, then switched gears and headed straight for grandma. She gave my grandma my kisses and ran from me! Then while watching the 'I love you too' video from yesterday, there was a part where she acted like she was going to give me kisses, then smacked me and thought it was funny. It makes me believe now, more than ever, that our babies personalities are already set... we can only help them grow along, better or worse. She's definitely going to be a ham, I can tell.

Anyways, while we were there today, she played in the glass door with me:







This last pic was posted not for it's quality, but because of the item she holds in her hand. It is one of her daddy's toys he played with, waaaaay back in 1980 or so. She loves those things!!! I also feel the need to drive back over to grandmas house, as I now see that Lauren left behind beautiful hand prints that really should be cleaned up by mommy.

After me being outside, she wanted to go. So we went!














The last picture is posted in black and white so you can't see just how terrible I look without makeup on! ha!

And last but most certainly not least, I'm a mother now... and no matter how odd it seems to post this, I feel this deep need to. I was folding clothes and listening to Dr. Phil show today. He was talking about people texting and driving... "guilty" right here... and a mother made her plea with people, at the expense of her daughter's death. Now whether this pulled on my heart strings because her name was Lauren, or her mother's desperation, or just mothering mode kicking in, if you have a minute, please see their website here.




I hope everyone has a great day!!! We shall return tomorrow!


3 comments:

Shannon said...

aww great pics Shannon! Laurens outfit is a perfect match to those flowers!!!

Anonymous said...

good job as usual! grandma

Angela V. said...

lovely photos of your little one and i am totally on board with the no texting and driving thing! it's hard enough to pay attention to all that's going on around you while driving. texting just adds to the confusion!