Saturday, October 18, 2008

PICTURE THIS:


Updated 11:17 am: Oh my gosh! I just realized this might be the first post ever without at least one 'Lauren' picture... can you believe that?

I can't have that! So I'm sharing a picture of her crying from a few days ago. I was sitting on the couch watching her play, when she suddenly realized that I wasn't 'holding her'. Yes, my spoiled brat does this. She's contently playing, and suddenly realizes that I could be holding her, or paying some sort of attention to her and she comes crying to me. Literally. So I caught this picture, and then I picked her up and cuddled her. So I'm not completely mean! And hey! if you can take the good, you can stand a little of the bad! hahaha!




...............................................................................................................



So I reported that I had several shoots coming up. And last night's, particularly, I was excited about... I will say that as far as I am concerned, it was my best shoot yet, that I can tell, and I cannot wait to show the customer's their pictures.

But picture this:

The evening is almost over, sun has fallen, and we are taking one last family picture. I'm setting the family up... worried about the brother's shirt... I'm backing up... and boom!

Yes, folks, the photographer fell!!!

Not only was I mortified, embarrassed, and humiliated... but in the mean time I managed to chip a tooth and screw up my shin. I'm adding a picture of my very swollen spot. I'm pretty sure this is the spot that the camera hit because I fell on my hip, trying to keep the camera from hitting the ground.

But to make it all better. It wasn't my clumsiness or lack of balance and grace... it was three very cute puppies of whom I'm pretty sure one will never walk the same! Poor thing yelped and ran. So at least it's not all my fault. I just didn't know they were behind me!

See my shin? Purdy huh?


Like I said, the shoot went quite well... I'm so pleased, as soon as I get a release signed, I'll share one or two here.

On my way home, I stopped by three rigs, and took some night shots. I just think they are so neat. kind of like a little world of their own. Here is one of the best pictures:



BLOG CHALLENGE: I told you the other day that I was going to post some pictures of my town. I want to make this a blog challenge. Post a picture of your town for me (us) to see. It doesn't have to be like mine, it just happens my town is small enough to fit into the frame of the camera. You can post your downtown or your favorite park or even your neighborhood. I'd like to see where you live.





And of course, no western Oklahoma rural town is complete without a picture of a John Deere! Tractors are our town out here:



Well, today is another shoot! So I'm gonna go play and learn with the princess and get ready for this afternoon. I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Shannon

2 comments:

Saleana said...

Shannon,
I'm sorry you tripped. I hope that you start to feel better soon. Pore puppy too. But I'm glad that your shoot came out so good. I can not wait to see them.
Have a good day, Saleana

Anonymous said...

Shannon, there are so many little places in our little town that mean nothing to "outsiders". I'm glad you are looking at them, and sharing what you see.
Maybe you need to use those eyes in the back of your head to watch for dogs!
grandma