Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another RAK and paci happiness

Good morning everyone!!!

Today is another cool and rainy day and I am loving it! Although I tend to not get things done and cuddle up instead. As we speak I am wrapped up in my big ol pink robe, curled up in the computer chair...

For starters, lets offer a RAK (random-act-of-kindness). This is for Bloggers only, unless you know it will work for other blog types. As you can see, I re-did the blog again. Like it? While I was making mine, I decided it would be fun to give one away. So if you would like to have a new blog template, just comment on this post. Then I will set to work on making you one to your specifics (can include a header if desired).


Here are a few pics from yesterday. Lauren found one of her old pacis and thought it was cute to suck on it. I think it's funny how she knows what it is, despite the fact that she never would take one. Pre-Lauren, I swore that my *kids* would not have a binkie, and before we were leaving the hospital I was begging Lauren to take one.






Here she was sitting at the table enjoying her popcorn. This girl can put some 'kern' away, let me tell you! Isn't she precious???



We have a gift fairy... do you remember that I posted the other day about someone leaving a bag of wooden blocks on our doorstep? Well now someone left a stack of books on our front porch the other night. There is one that is particularly cute. It's an Elmo book with an Elmo puppet in the middle. You read the song "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands" and then you make Elmo clap his hands. Lauren loves it, and when we were done and I took it off, she picked it up and cried handing it to me to 'do it again'.



Well, I was getting ready to post about how were are almost weaned from the bottle. Lauren has went several nights without one this past week. But we let her have one last night before bed. Then this morning, when she woke up, she saw the one from last night on the side table, and cried for it. I put it in the sink (yes, I left, well actually Levi left the bottle sitting by his chair last night) and she just bawled for it. So I made a new one, she was happy and back to sleep she went. She doesn't want one during the day, and like I said, we have went a few nights without one... so I'm thinking complete weaning is just around the corner. Atleast she doesn't need several during the day. Just her one at night. So I know it's coming soon. My little brother sucked on a bottle until he was 2 and a half and was heck to wean.

Okay, I was right, the missing hard drive was just a very loose cable. I took the side of my computer off, pushed them back in and I was able to transfer the rest of my pics. So as promised, here is a picture from 2006. Now keep in mind that 2006 is not organized like the 07-08. It was pre-Lightroom days, so there is no organization. Plus in 2006, I was still shooting part film and part digital. So most of my pics are on walmart discs. So, that explains why the number 4 picture is from June 2006 at one of Hunter's baseball practices.


Next is the fourth picture out of my wedding folder. Again, there is no organization. This picture looks aweful because it was taken with a disposable camera in terrible light. This also wasn't technically the 4th, it's the third, but it's because the 4th picture is terrible dark and grainy. All of my wedding pictures are on walmart discs as well, because we were too cheap to hire a real photographer and so my Uncle Willie stepped in with his film camera. Also I set out about 8 different disposables that the guests all used. This is Hunter, my brother Dakota, and the step-daughter of my cousin Stephanie, Callie.



Don't forget to post your fourth picture from the fourth folder on your computer!!! I want to see it!


Well, I suppose that just about sums up today. I'm going to try and accomplish something today. I had planned to go to town, but with the rain, I dare not wrestle a baby in town in this mess.

I hope everyone has a great day! Don't forget to sign up for the free template!

Shannon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon, I do like your new blog format or whatever you call it! I'm amazed at how your brother has grown in 4 years - I guess I never noticed Hunter growing because we see him more. Dakota is quite the young man at 14. And yes, I noticed the fire picture. I think I still try to pretend it didn't happen. But I can't feel sorry for myself - we were very, very lucky. See you soon. grandma

Mrs Anne said...

Great blog!!! Found you because you entered into my giveaway!

:) fabulous blog, lovely family, and what a sweet gal you are to give away a free template! :)

have a great day!

Saleana said...

I love your blog format, I keep thinking that I need to learn how to do software scrabooking. Maybe you could give me some pointers some time.