Friday, October 26, 2007

'Roading' the dogs

Every year, around this time, Levi starts getting the greyhounds out and exercising them, or what he calles 'roading' them. He takes them out in the country, finds a nice soft dirt or sand road, and gets them to running and limbering up. Last night Lauren and I went along for the ride... and what a beautiful night! The moon was just gorgeous!

Before hand, we were at the gas station, fueling up, when I noticed Lauren smiling... I hurriedly grabbed the camera and barely caught the smile below... I kept trying, but only got funny facial expressions.




Not the best picture ever, but I did get one of Daddy and his newest little hunting buddy... He's a proud daddy for sure! And I just had to share the picture of one of the dogs looking out of the dog box, with the full moon coming on big and bold.

Today, Lauren and I are traveling with Terra to OKC to look for a Christmas tree, and get some picture frames. Our tree broke last year, and with all the new baby items in the house, we really need a tall, skinnier tree to fit in our living room. Garden Ridge and Hobby Lobby both are having sales this week!
I have some other good news... It's enough to excite me anyways! We found a new bottle yesterday that Lauren loves. So now I feel 100% better about sending her off to the babysitter... We also tried rice cereal last night for the first time, and she liked it. After talking to the lactation consultant yesterday, she recommended feeding it to her not in a bottle, but a spoon or such. It should help with her reflux issue, and it tends to make the baby feel 'fuller' for longer.





Well, I better get off here, and go get ready for our big day out.



Love! Love!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta start 'em off right. grandma

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that smile is just too beautiful!

CJensen said...

Ah..love those photos! Glad to hear you found a bottle that Lauren likes! That helps a ton!

Adrienne said...

Oh, you caught a great shot! She has a beautiful smile. She's one of those adorable babies whose whole face "smiles" when she smiles.

Monica said...

love that smile photo!! PRICELESS!!! Isn't it amazing how one baby will love something and yours hates it? I guess we all have personalities right from the start!