Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A very busy day!!!

Today was a very busy day for miss Lauren! We took her down to our 'mom and pop' grocery store and let them weigh her on the meat scales. Yes, the meat scales, on butcher paper and all. The owner loves to do this for all the new babies, and then he prints out a ticket with her name and weight. She now has her own number, and ever so often I can take her down there, and he will weigh her and print a ticket. It's a great keepsake to put in her scrapbook. She was conked out when we put her on the scales, so that made it easy, and as you can see from the ticket, she's a whopping 8.4 pounds.














After the grocery store, we headed to Weatherford for Hunter's third flag-football game. And let me say, this kid has a natural talent for football, and I really mean that, not as the proud bragging step-mom. He scored 5 touchdowns and that I know of got one interception. The first pic shows him with the ball, going for the touchdown, and then the second shows his victory pose! The third picture doesn't look like much, but I have to share, because he just cracks me up... The picture shows the other team in their huddle, discussing their play option, and Mr. Hunter over hears their decision, and yells out to his team, "It's a running play ya'll!!!" It was just too cute. The last picture shows the miss priss in the car after being demanding. I didn't get to watch very much of Hunter's game because she required my immediate attention.


















While in Weatherford, Levi and I went by the dealership where we have bought our last two vehicles. I had found a 2006 Pontiac Torrent that I fell in love with... It's an SUV type vehicle, and only had 25K on it. Levi even liked it, surprise-surprise, but unfortunately we both found that we weren't so impressed after test driving it. We are so spoiled to our chevy's as they tend not to have road noise, and I was dissapointed in the Torrent, it was too noisy for Mr. Fry... so thats out, which it's ok, my car is a good car, and once paid off, will be even better. I was just looking for more room with the carseat and all now.


Well, I better get off here and try to accomplish something in the house while the princess still sleeps!


Sending our love!


Shannon

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oh, I wish our local grocer did that!! Maybe I should print of your blog and show it to them to inspire them. :o) That is too cute, and a great thing for the scrapbook.

Monica said...

That is the most adorable slab of meat I've seen on a scale ever!!! lol LOVE IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

That pic of her on the scale is soooo darn cute. I love it, it has her name and everything. How sweet. What a great idea!!!!

Anonymous said...

The meat scale print out is sooooo cute!!!

Anonymous said...

The grocer is great. I love that one so much. Shannon, What you are doing for Lauren it. Great. Give her and big hug and kiss for Aunt Barbara.