Sunday, October 7, 2007

Tooooooo cute!

So yesterday was quiet... we didn't do much of anything, except veg out at the house. Levi had a horrible sinus headache, and I was just enjoying being with Lauren. We sat outside and I had an idea of how to put a photo collage together. So I started snapping all her facial expressions, and took my favorite nine and created the below. I may have to print out a 8x10 of it. I just love photoshop! And she's so damn cute!



But the cuteness soon ended when it was time to change her diaper. From the moment I lay her down, until the moment I start to pick her up, I almost always get to hear this:

(it's only 6 seconds long, couldn't stand to let her cry any longer than I had too)

(gotta hit the play button twice)




Last night was another horrible night. I brag about our Friday night, and how does she re-pay me? We were up from 2-5:30, and nothing made her happy. She had her belly full, and her diaper clean, but she was not about to go back to sleep. I sat with her in the living room in the recliner. Finally around 4, I was so tired and couldn't stand it anymore. I needed a drink and a potty break. So I handed her off to poor Levi, and took five minutes. She continued the fussiness, but around 5 you could tell she was puttering out. So Levi rocked her in bed, and finally she drifted off...

ahhhhh...

NOT!

As soon as he laid her down, she became wide awake... as a last resort, I offered her a feeding while laying down, and though she didn't really want to eat, she snuggled and drifted off. Then I didn't have to move her or touch her, and we slept til almost 9. So not too much lost time.

The joys of being new parents! I'm loving it! And Levi so lovingly tells me in the middle of her screaming: "Remember this before you think about another one!!!"

And yes, it's hard, but like some snippets from a favorite poem, 'Before I was a mom':

I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom.

My most favorite thing so far, is in the middle of a fit, I can pick her up, put her face to mine, and say her name softly and she stops crying and starts 'rooting'... and I know it is just because she's hungry, but to know that someone needs me so much is the best feeling ever.

Levi agrees with me, marriage cannot compare to having a child. I sheepishly admitted to him that until the day she was born, I thought our wedding day was the best day of my life... but surprisingly enough, he agreed. There is nothing better than bringing a child into the world!

Well, the princess is asleep in my lap, once again on her boppy. And I am on the computer when I should be trying to take a nap as well. I'm actually quite hungry, it may be time to try and lay her down and scrounge for some food.

We skipped church today, just too tired to try and hurry. But I hope to make it next weekend. I forgot to mention that Levi and Hunter took us to church last Sunday. And boy were we the center of attention. At one point I looked down in her carrier and there laid a $10 bill. After some investigating, I found that one of the older ladies hadn't gotten us a gift, so she stuck that there. I plan to put the lady's name and the date on it, and stick it in her piggy bank.

Ok, I'm off for the day. I hope everyone is doing great! Drop us a line, or leave us a comment, so we know you were here! We do enjoy what everyone has to say!

Lots of Love,
Shannon, Levi, Hunter, and Lauren!

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

:o) Lukas was the same way about diaper changes. I love the photo collage!! I don't have any editing software yet but need to get something. What do you have?

Anonymous said...

Man she was mad! That is so cute. Love the collage! You take such awesome pictures. She is so cute. They grow up so fast.

Monica said...

great collage! She looks SO different already! still beautiful, but different! lol

take a nap when she naps! Trust me on this one!

CJensen said...

I love your photo collage! Awesome!

Karidan Kaye said...

Beautiful collage of lauren, Shannon!! I cant wait to have my lil man and be able to make stuff like that!! Oh yeah i think your lil video just showed me something pretty bad!! heheh My cat and dog went about crazy when i played her crying!! Oh know!!

Anonymous said...

hey shannon i am so sorry i haven't called yet i got all messed up when i went out of town she is the cutest i am so happy for yall give me a call when ever it is good for you jayson is on a 7 on 7 off rotation now we want to come up their and see lauren as soon as we can oh and yall too :)