Sunday, March 22, 2009

The imperfect family...

... photo shoot that is. We gallivanted down to the studio today after church for a quick family shot. Unfortunately it didn't go so well. But I did capture some good shots of the kids.

Have you ever tried to be the photographer AND the client at the same time? it's not easy at all.

I am proud that I am finally figuring out the lighting on the white backdrop, it's a bit tricky, but slowly I am getting there.

(I don't understand why, but my images seem lifeless when I post them on blogger and facebook. They look faded and not near as much ummpph! as they appear otherwise.)



We tried taking several pictures as a family... Lauren would scream or cry or get up and walk away. So we just took one without her.


Aren't my babies cute???

Hunter even helped me out with some cute pictures. He'll make a great photographer one day.


I absolutely love these next two shots!




He wanted to take one just me and him... I just love him so much.
You know what he told me?... "I just don't have a great smile!"
Yes you do baby boy!


And last but not least, Lauren said stick a fork in her, she was done!


I am so glad we took these pictures... I am thinking that I will send the first family shot out. How could I not. I know it's not perfect, but in a sense it is. It was the first shot we took, and the only one that's got her in it.

I have more posts to come, so be on the lookout.

Lots of hugs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them all! But you knew I would, didn't you? Thanks for thinking of us! grandma

Monica said...

you got some great shots here! can't wait to see more.