I have sooooo much news to share. But first, let me introduce you to the newest member of Lauren's entourage... misses Piggy. She is so soft and cuddly. Who could resist her? (If only I had taken this shot with her eyes positioned a bit better). SHE made the trip to the studio last night instead of mr. Bear. Can you believe that? I'm wondering if mr Bear will be replaced soon. Think of Toy Story... better watch out Bear.
Lately, we have spent a lot of time preparing the studio for opening... I'm sticking with the game plan of mostly shooting just babies and toddlers, there isn't much option for big people.
I still have a long ways to go, but I will try and get down there tomorrow and take some pictures for you all to see. I have a vision but I need a lot of decorating help. Mostly I need a lot of decorating money. But for folks like me, it's baby steps.
I can't believe that I am ensuing this dream. I never thought it would be possible, but here I am. Making a go at it. So please be thinking of me. I have TONS of photo shoot ideas. It's just a matter of time and people. We plan to do a 'grand opening' sometime in July. I'm joing the chamber of commerce, and hosting a drawing for a free photo shoot the day of the grand opening. I'm hoping it will help bring business to our little town.
I realized tonight that I hadn't been to the studio in a while, so I grabbed Lauren and made a quick run down there to make sure my stuff was still there. Lauren was in her pj's but I tried to grab a few pictures anyways. This is all I achieved.


The other night, my very best friend Terra, and her new princess came down to see us and we tried to make a go at some fun shots.
Before the shoot with Terra, I was messing with the new lights. Leave it up to me to get something new out the day of the event, only to find that both lights wouldn't fire at the same time... ooops! So while I was on the phone, Levi tried to comfort Lauren who decided at that very moment that she needed, no wanted mommy... I couldn't believe when I got these pictures on the computer. I just love them. Everyone always cherishes the happy-smiley photos, but I will cherish these because they say so much.

More good news... well maybe... is that I got my first contact call for a wedding in July. It's outdoors. I can't wait!!! 6 months (more like 6 weeks ago) ago I had sworn off weddings. No sireee! I was not about to do them. But I know these people, they are simple and kind, and I have got to start somewhere... So we shall see.
I also got a call to do some advertising photos for an Auctioneer in April. I think this will be a unique experience.
I may end up just doing it all. I'd almost rather 'specialize' in just one or two things, but my motto for 2009 is "beggars can't be choosers".
Oh yeah, I don't know what will come of it. But Levi and I have discussed saving money the last couple of days, in hopes of taking a cruise in another year or so. We both would love to go to Alaska. Oh mercy me, would I ever! Maybe. Just maybe.
I hope everyone is as pumped for the weekend as I am... Just gotta go see the chiropractor and get my tan on and I am all set!!!
I'll have more coming your way soon!
HUGS!


4 comments:
Wow! Everything seems like it is falling into place for you! Good luck with the wedding, you may decide you love it, who knows!
Hey, if you end up leaving for an Alaskan cruise from Seattle, you'd be about 1 1/2 hours from my house! (If you found it was cheaper to fly into Portland, you'd be welcome to stay here if you needed before heading the rest of the way up to Seattle. We're right about in the middle on the way between Portland and Seattle.)
Can't wait to see how the studio does!!
Grandma was here, too.
Congrats Shannon!! I have been lax on my blog following, but I am so glad to hear things are working in your favor. My dream is to get good enough to do what you are persuing - be a professional photographer. Wish me luck as well!!
Post a Comment