Monday, March 2, 2009

Checking in... fixing to check out

I thought I would update anyone who wanted to know about Lauren, and how she came through the ordeal today. As I type right now, she is eating Funyuns and watching Backyardigans... which I had never seen before, they are lots of songs with a country twang. I might can 'do' them for a couple of years. She seems to have went through today pretty weel. When they came to take her, she didn't even cry. She was very intrigued. THe coming awake part was the worst. I cried. She just cried and cried and arched back. She didn't know who she was, where she was, and who I was. Within just a few minutes, she recognized Levi, and went to him. He held her for a few minutes while she started to doze, then she came back to me. I rocked her for a while while she slept. Finally after about 20-30 minutes, I woke her up.

She was happy and alert. So we went to IHOP, which was not good... not good at all. This is where I tell you the part about how Levi said how spoiled I am. Farm fresh eggs and good sausage cannot be beat. I was appalled at the taste. This is the first breakfast I have eaten 'out' like that in a very long time. Usually it is just McD's breakfast for me. We generally cook our own. I did have a stuffed crepe though, and it was okay.

The first picture, Levi took while I stood guard at the door waiting to be taken back to Lauren.


Before hand, Lauren was VERY tired, and she just chilled in Levi's arms.



We made it to OKC just fine. Swam a little last night. Which Lauren LOVED! I knew she would. We ate at Red Lobster. She chowed down on some clam chowder, biscuits, and a little steak.








Thanks for everyone's prayers and calls.... Well, I may go make use of our hotel bed, and catch a nap with the two 'kids'... Better finish my starbucks first!

3 comments:

Angela V. said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything went well! I know how nervous you must have felt, and you better scrap that first photo, there is so much "said" in that one photo!

Monica said...

so glad to see everything is ok. enjoy the rest of the trip and I'll "see" you when you get home!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

So glad for you to be back home. I know Lauren will feel better now. I am always a worrier. See you in about 2 weeks! grandma