Levi's Grandmother, DeLeta, his mother Diana, and Grandfather, Thomas came. Thomas opted to sit outside, and we asked the ultrasound tech how many can come back, and she just looked at me funny and return asked "how many do you have?"... So all, minus Thomas, as well as Hunter, Levi, and Me were able to file into the tiny ultrasound room.
The tech took lots of measurement pictures while Hunter and Levi hogged the flat panel monitor, forcing the rest of us to look at the other screen. We all watched in amazement as 'he' (I'll explain the 'he' in a moment) moved and wiggled, yawned and stretched. I can't explain the feelings and emotions I felt as we saw that tiny baby up there... up to that point I had convinced myself what if I wasn't in fact pregnant and had some weird disorder that led me and my doctor to believe I was, but really wasn't... Hey, call me crazy, but it happens, you hear about the strange stories in the news! lol! I just couldn't believe I really had this little life inside me!
As the tech was doing her thing, Levi, ever so father-like, would point things out on the screen for Hunter... "See 'his' arm?"... "Those are 'his' legs"... and Hunter would chime in... "Dad, he's moving!" I turned to the tech and said, "Notice they refer to it as a 'he'?" she just chuckled. So thats why she was a 'he'.
Finally after what felt like an eternity, she said she was done measuring and would now take pictures and see what our baby was... we all were so quiet, you can't even imagine. The boys really had their hearts set on a boy, both for different reasons. Hunter wanted a playmate and hunting buddy. Levi, as a father, didn't want to have to worry about other boys, if you get my drift! lol!
I must say, for any women who are pregnant or will become pregnant, my one word of advice would be to drink orange juice a few minutes before your ultrasound. Our baby had no problem showing off her 'goods' and gave us a complete wide-open view! The tech said she was "sure it's a girl"... "how sure?"... "I don't give precentages"... "Ok, basically I really need to know, am I buying pink or blue?"... "If this was mine, and I was looking at it, without a doubt, I'd be buying pink."
I just let it sink in and cried a few happy tears. What about Levi and Hunter you ask? Hunter solemnly turned around, and walked towards the back of the room! lol! It was so cute despite his dissapointment. Levi just smiled at me... But don't let him fool you, he is very excited about a girl, as he puts it- one of each. Hunter has since decided that all of his camo hunting clothes that are too little will be saved for 'our baby' so that she can go hunting too...






4 comments:
Oh my goodness she is beautiful. What a great story!! I am so happy for you.
Shannon, I LOVE the blog! And I'm so excited that Ella will have a little friend!! :) I will keep up-to-date on your pregnancy...and we can commiserate with each other as we watch our waistlines expand.
LOVE THIS!! great story and so glad I get to experience this "with you"
Love ya!
Hi it's Kimberly....from scrapbook.com. Loved looking at all of this. How neat. Great the way you added the videos and such. Very nice. You are doing a great job keeping track of everything and blogging stuff. I wish I was doing that good at it...but now that I'm on my 2nd, not really as much as the 1st. LOL...Have a great evening.
Post a Comment