Anyways, for this youth conference, I was asked to take pictures for each of the kids with the critters. The three attractions were a constrictor snake, not for sure the proper name. A tortise, and an attitudey alligator. When it was all said and done, I found myself drawn to the alligator, who I might add is about 8 years old, and about 50 pounds in weight. I guess one of the teachers noticed my interest, and asked if I would like for my picture to be taken? Sure! I mean how many chances will I get to hold an alligator?

I have to admit, I was a little leary, but excited none the less. He used his tail several times on his handler when he got pissy, and I was so hoping he would play nice with me. My husband added that he would make a nice pair of boots! I was thinking purse and wallet!
So this weekend is my 'major cleaning' weekend. I got rid of most of the junk in the back bedroom, now we have the bed to move out, and clothes to store. I bought the paint just an hour ago for the baby's room and our bedroom. Terra will be over next weekend to help get it all done. I am so excited to see the baby's room come together and be able to sit and rock.
For those of you in Texas, I might add, two of my aunts, Norma and Barbara have talked to me recently about the upcoming shower. For those of you that may not know, I will be coming home with Levi and Hunter August 3rd. We will stay at grandma's house friday and saturday, and come home sunday. I would stay longer, but I really can't afford to use anymore leave hours at work. We will also have our two best friends with us, Chris and Terra, some of you might remember from the wedding. They truly enjoyed our wedding, and our family, and they are looking forward to visiting again. In fact it was Terra's idea that we go home, and let my family see me 'pre-baby', and have a small shower and cookout.
Well other than that, nothing else new to report... I take that back! I do have some fairly exciting news for me. I recieved a new position at work, in the E-911 Depratment. Basically I will help people in our 8 counties get a physical address for emergency services which will include mapping, gps location, and so much more. Unlinke in Texas, we don't have "county" roads, most country roads aren't even marked. So my job will be to help map and name those roads so when emergency calls are placed, the services can pin-point a person's location. This will also carry over into cell phone locations as well. This will be a big change from my working with the elderly. I am really excited and looking forward to it. I have one more week in my department, and was lucky enough to pick out all new office furniture for my new office yesterday.
Ok, I'm done... I have laundry waiting and scrapbooking to do. Hope everyone has a great weekend.


3 comments:
Congrats on the new job!! Can't believe I had to read about it here, but at least I know! lol
also congrats on all the photo gigs!!
Keep it up!
can't wait to see ya'll i love your blog keep it up so i know how everything is going since we don't get to talk a lot call us if you need anything see you soon love y'all
Way to go getting a new job with all that you have going on.
Great shot of you and the alligator...lol.
Post a Comment