Most importantly, most of those that know me, know that I like unique-ness. This is definitely unique. Unlike anything you could buy in the stores.
Levi called while ago. He caught a nice 9 pound striper, but I am sad to report, it was too big to filet, and not big enough for him to mount, so it returned to Lake Texoma. I would have loved to have it mounted in my living room, so he will hear my opion on the matter when he returns... not that it will make a difference! lol! He also informed me he will be coming home tonight, so I am definitely looking forward to that! So is Dixie who has looked for him for the past two days. While talking, I was putting away baby things, and I suppose the whole mood struck me right, as I was playing baby music. He asked me so lovingly what the heck I was listening to?!?! He just laughs at me.
So Levi left me for Texoma, and Grandma left Grandpa for the two days, and everything falls apart! My hotwater heater pilot went out, and refuses to stay lit. Grandpa came home from a hard day in the hay patch to find his air conditioner had quit him... and I swear, could it get any hotter? Hot is not the word, muggy. Not only is it hot, but the humidity, or the hum-dity as my Grandpa Jack would call it, is worse than back home in East Texas! It's hard a pregnant woman who already has a kid pushing on her lungs, but also has asthma! lol!
I just got an update on the pilot light... it will be tuesday before we can get the new part shipped to us from the company. Apparantly they are having trouble with these heaters and their thermal coupling (groans). So it will be showers at Grandma's for a couple of days...
Well here are some picture of the nursery so far... It by far does not do it justice. But none the less, I am loving sitting back there and enjoying the thought of what's to come...










4 comments:
I love the furniture and the colors, they are beautiful. I am so excited about the baby. Love you very much. and good luck with all that you do for the baby. Well talk to you later Love Aunt carolyn and Uncle Tom
Your nursery is too cute. I love the colors and furniture ,too. The horses on the shelf remind me of your room when we was younger. I wish we lived a litle closer so I could be there to enjoy our kids together. I am so happy for you! You are going to love being a mom. I love her name too. You are great at making a blog. I think it is a perfect idea with your loved ones being spread so far out. Lots of Love, Priscilla
Man, you guys really got to work!! Sorry I couldn't be more help this weekend. (I did survive a full day of tests.) I do have sacks of clothes ready for Lauren! The furniture looks great. Can't wait to see it in person. Make me a list of what else needs done for "Lauren preparation"---I'm in. See you in the morn.
DC
I love the furniture and the colors. She will absolutely adore this room when she arrives. Great job!!
Post a Comment