Friday, June 29, 2007

Re: Doctor

So I was a bit dissapointed to go in and find that the glucose test was a little more extensive than I planned on. I went in 'fasting' from the night before, and they immediately drew my blood. Then they made me drink the nasty stuff, gag!, and they drew blood after 30 minutes. Then another 30 minutes they drew blood, then every hour for two more hours.

Needless to say, they drew blood 5 times in the same arm, and with no butterfly stint! So that meant 5 actual pokes in the arm... I was so mad, I could have cried, but I soon got over it and reminded myself, it's all for little Lauren.
  • I guess after one hour it was 185, which is way high,
  • then after 2 hours it was 101, which is what they would have liked the first hour,
  • but by the third hour it was 51, so that meant I was bottoming out, and boy did I know I was!
I couldn't hardly function. So I treated myself to mexican food at my favorite place, and then to a pedicure! I have never had a pedicure before, and that made my day so much better...


I saw another friend do this and thought it
would be a neat way to show off my pedicure!
(And those are 'Pepper' toes if I ever saw 'em!)

So I am borderline diabetic, no more soda pop, cut back on sugar, and on carbs... They will continue to monitor my blood sugar, and if it gets out of control, we will have to resort to a strict change in diet, and possibly medicine.
But, again, it's all for little Lauren!

6 comments:

Monica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica said...

I LOVE THIS SHOT!!! you should do one like this every month to show your disapearing feet!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute toes. I love the belly. That would be a great idea to do one like this every month. It wont be long and the cute toes will hid from ya. Priscilla

Anonymous said...

I love you and can't wait to see you
Aunt Norma

Lisa Marie Schwerdt said...

WOW! I love this shot and I agree with Monica...you should do one every month. Great pedicure and I cannot believe you have not ever gotten one before! Take care of yourself and Lauren!!

Anonymous said...

Uncle Glenn love this shot.

Aunt Barbara