Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Family pics!

So, most of you know, I do photography on the side... not big time, just little jobs every now and then...

One day it occured to me, in the 5.5 years we have been together, and 2.5 years of marriage, we have never had a 'family portrait' done... I debated for a while, whether to pay a professional, or attempt them myself. Looking back, I wish I had went with the fore-runner. Much to my boys dismay, I made them gather one April Sunday afternoon out at an old rock house in the country and attempt the impossible. A family picture... Hunter, being 8, and mr. attitude, refused to smile; the wind blew my hair, and Levi failed to grow in that bald spot before hand!

So through the miracles of Photoshop CS2, and my brains, I was able to take three different pictures... yes three different pictures and get this one decent family shot.

The only way to get Hunter to smile was to stand behind the camera, because when we were all posed, looking at the camera, no one knew what he looked like. And in most pictures, Levi was slouched... And me, well the wind decided to give us a break in one picture... that was it!

So yes, the following picture is not an orginal, completely against my beliefs in good 'photography' but good enough for me and my wall!


(I was 4 months here)

So to wrap it up, I think we'll say it's a lesson learned, and be calling a professional studio after 'Fry Baby' makes her appearance.

Now if I can just figure out how to grow in the bald spot on my ever-so-young husband's head! hahaha!


Shannon

2 comments:

Monica said...

awe love this!!! It's a great "shot" and will look great on your wall!!!

PS.. you can hire me to shoot your family pics when fry baby gets here :)

Lisa Marie Schwerdt said...

What a great job you did with what you had. It will be perfect for the wall. I can't wait to see the new little "fry".