Friday, June 15, 2007

48 Seconds...

Wahoo! I figured out how to post video!

48 seconds of the most beautiful sound ever! This was March 2, the day we heard 'Fry Baby's' first heartbeat... I am fortunate enough to have a digital camera with some video capture capabilities. Apparantly cell phones mess with the doppler too much.

Levi sat in the chair, with the camera ready for when we caught that 'bomp-bomp-bomp' sound. Boy was I dissapointed when she didn't peg it right away. But what could I expect at 12 weeks... Levi had to quit recording so we would have enough time left when she finally found it. And when she did, we both were amazed! What a wonderful sound, your child's first record of real life!

Since then, every appointment has started off with the doppler. And everytime it makes me smile and makes me heart swell. But I must admit we have such a drama baby! She seems to know the right moment to 'dissapear'. She likes to go crusin' around in my belly just before the nurse has the heartbeat count, and then the nurse has to find her and start counting all over again! lol! At my last appointment, Lauren actually kicked the nurse's hand as soon as she placed the doppler on my belly. What a hoot she is! Already showing the stubborn side of her daddy...

(Sorry for the horrible color)
Just push the play button, may have to do it twice...





So now that I have figured out the video part. You will be able to see more when I have my 4D done. That will be so awesome!

The weekend was great! I scrapbooked Saturday with DeLeta, Levi's grandmother, and then Sunday I enjoyed cooking a wonderful dinner for Levi. We had Pork Chops alla Pizziolia, which is a fancy way of saying with a tomato and onion sauce. Potato skins, and a fresh salad. I also made a home made, yes fresh from scratch, apple pie... in one of Levi's great grandmothers cast iron skillets. Gotta love those things.

Well here's to starting another wonderful work week! Hope all goes well for everyone.

Shannon and Levi

3 comments:

Monica said...

Isn't the heartbeat the most awesome sound? love technology!!


PS. can you come cook for me??? LOL dinner sounds wonderful!

Lisa Marie Schwerdt said...

What an amazing thing technology is....that was a beautiful sound. Congrats again!!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh Shannon, that is so sweet! Priscilla sent this to me and I am so happy to see what you have been up to. You are having a special little baby. I know you are so happy. This page is wonderful! Great work, Michelle