.......................................................................................................................
Here is the video of her using the fork as promised. I'm not sure what happened but for some reason google didn't upload it right. it was a black screen.
I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before, but Lauren CANNOT sleep without her bear... period. My grandma started it back in April when she visited us, and now Lauren is hooked. She officially has a 'security blanket', only it's not a blanket at all. It's a blessing on long trips in the car though, not much fussing, she just goes right to sleep with her bear. So tonight, I took a few pictures of her before going to sleep in her crib. I feel like I am blessed to have a child who goes to sleep on her own. She even cries for her bed when she is really sleepy. There has been several times I would find her back there, with her bears legs pulled through the bars, holding on and sucking her thumb. Pick her up. Put her in. And off to sleep she goes. In case you can't tell, the hand that is holding the bear in front of her face, has the thumb in her mouth. That is how she falls asleep.

Ahhhh! The joys of being a parent, both to children and DOGS!!! I came home Sunday evening from a church meeting to find that my girls kept themselves entertained while I was gone. They are sooooo lucky that their daddy loves them as much as he does. Lucky. Because the pound was looking pretty good at the moment. But I'm over it, and just waiting for their next trash party!

So Lauren officially moved up in big-girl status. She now sits at the table with us in a booster seat. The high chair is making it's way out the door, and I will be looking for a small china hutch to fills it's empty place. I have so much china and dishes that need to be displayed. I can't wait!



Saturday evening, Levi was taking off for coon hunting. Lauren and I were in the yard playing. She just couldn't stand it, and jabbered the whole way to him. She was waving bye and walking closer at teh same time. It was so cute!


She really loves her daddy...

... but she loves driving his truck even more!

Yes, Levi smokes cigars!

Everything is good here... I spent the day going through Lauren's room and sorting out clothes that are too small and things I know I don't want to hang on to. I am finding that it is really hard to let go of her baby clothes and toys. I have a humongous 'keep' pile and a peas sized 'get-rid-of' pile. I think, what if I need that again?... sad huh?
Tomorrow I plan to donate a bunch of my clothes and the clothes I got at that garage sale. I also hope to get my nails filled. Other than that maybe some lunch and back home. My aunt Norma called the other day and she and my grandma are in Colorado. So on their way back home, they plan to stop and see us. I am excited because this will be the first time my grandma will have seen Lauren.
Well, I'm drained so I'm gonna shower and go to bed. I hope everyone is doing good!


4 comments:
Your girls are so beautiful!
Hey Shannon -- Lauren isn't the only one with a friend she HAS to sleep with.... Nicholas sleeps with 1 of 2 specific monkeys AND his HAS to have his fuzzy blanket. I was soo worried that we would lose his fuzzy blanket that we looked and looked forever... once we found it we bought a spare.... and then a spare... FOR THE SPARE! He can sleep without the monkey if he absolutely has to but NOT without that blanket
I love the photos you have here. Thanks for sharing your blog!
She looks so happy driving daddy's truck!!! That is awesome!!!!
you know I was thinking.... you are going to be so glad that you have this blog. It's such a treasure of your thoughts and feelings. In a few years it's going to be so fun to look back on!
Post a Comment