5 things about me
- I once sold Watkins spices on horseback in rural Nebraska (my junior year, '98)
- I memorize things such as commercials, jingles, movie lines and randomly repeat them
- I talk to myself in the bathroom mirror (ie when I am doing my makeup and such
- I don't really care for sweets and seldom crave them
- I have five different cameras
5 things about Lauren
- Lauren is a very (very-very) affectionate baby
- Lauren has to have her teddy bear to sleep- period.
- Lauren loves stuffed animals and has to 'taste' them (or give sugars)
- Lauren knows the difference between her remote (a dud) and our remote and prefers ours
- Lauren absolutely hates anything on her head
... now you know...
.................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................
The horse she is holding is one of mine from a long time ago. They are called 'Breyer' animals and any horse lover knows what I'm talking about. But if you don't you can google them. They have a few other animals that they make, but horses are the big thing. among Breyers, just a flash back, we also played with Grand Champions, which are still around. I still have a barn with stalls full of these horses from my early teenage years that I will pass on to Lauren...I'm going to date back a little bit... my friend had shared some pictures of her son in the swing, and I realized that I had not shared any of Lauren. These were taken back in August, if you recognize the outfit, it is from the first walking video. After we were done shooting, we played in the grass and she wanted in her swing. This swing has been through almost all of the grandkids, if not all of them. I figured she would be afraid of going high or fast (trust me, it's high and fast enough for this mommy, so not too terribly bad), but she loves it!
Here are some pictures of her playing in the grass with the horse... she really likes horses. She loves our mule, Festus. I figure if she is anything like her mommy she is going to worship them. I need to do a count of all horsey things in her room. There is a ton!




I haven't really given any details of my new 'work' situation. I was asked several months ago, if I would be interested in keeping a little girl while her mom attends nursing school. I was a little hesitant, but I knew it would benefit both of the girls to have some interaction with each other. We have pretty much gotten into a routine (read: thank goodness!).
We start with:
- back-to-back episodes of Jacks Big Music Show on the noggin channel from 8-9
- Then Seasame Street on PBS from 9-10
- From 10-11'ish we either go outside, ride the bike, or go to grandma's house
- Around 11:30 we eat lunch... todays lunch was mac'n'cheese with wienies and applesauce
- From 12:30 to roughly 3 (sometimes earlier, somtimes later) they both nap...
- Then after nap time is snack time
Well I guess that's it for now... I hope everyone had a great hump day!






2 comments:
Another excellent post about our Lauren, and our favorite people. One thing you failed to mention is that Lauren is super strong - she works at it. Since she was little, she has always played with the heaviest toys - one of those heavy rubber wrestlers figure the boys outgrew, her chair, PaPa's boots. She reasons and makes plans to climb and explore: she moved the boots so that she could get close to a chest and get hold of a photo frame; she picks up the chair and uses it to climb on the couch. She knows there is wiring behind the entertainment center and she plans every day how she's going to get to it - one day last week, she moved a cream can and actually got hold of a wire. We may have to put a frame around the center to keep her out. I think she talks to us constantly, but we can't understand everything. She's quite a girl, our Lauren. Love, Grandma
Lauren is such a happy baby and that is just a testament to what a wonderful mom she has! Keep up the great work!
Post a Comment