Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sonic thief, pumpkin patch, and the white rabbit revealed!

First, I would like to talk about 'Today's Quote'... Is it just me, or does it seem like our community as a whole are getting less and less considerate, and more just down-right rude? It seems like no one says "thank you" anymore. Just the other day, I literally got a grunt from a woman I held the door for at the convenience store. I think, and this is just me thinking (consider how dangerous that is...) that the economic crisis and the terrible news has got people down. They have so much worry and fear to contend with, they don't care if the door is open or slammed shut in front of them. They literally have one thing on their minds... the worry about having to walk in that store and pay the outrageous prices they do. So while I'm sure she had the worry of how much gas she just put in her car, it would be nice to take a moment and give a little thanks.



Had to share a picture of this little guy... he shared about 6 miles on the windshield of the car before he bailed. I know it's hard to tell in this picture, but he was of a larger breed. I think he was from Texas! Anywhoo, he got a free ride with me.

Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled program!


So this week has been a busy, tired, yet good all at the same time. Lauren has made a few milestones... She is saying a lot more words:
  • deer
  • dog
  • thank you
  • bye bye
  • hi
  • and just recently she says uh-oh (sorta)
Saturday we did a little bit garage saling, where I found her the most adorable pair of GAP jeans for .75 cents. They fit her great! I also made my childhood dream come true. I remember when I was 15, the worst thing came in the mail for me. A Delilah's clothing catalog. I remember laying on my bedroom floor, drooling over all those beautiful cool clothes, wishing I could point a finger and make them magically appear in my closet. My high school years were boots and wranglers and I suffered from the other kids for it. But being poor, I didn't have a choice. So I take pride in the fact that I still would rather thrift store shop for clothes than to pay retail price, and it's not a priority to even own name brand. I never once have bought American Eagle, Gap, Old Navy, and all those other cool brands brand new. In fact I still wear a lot of western jeans and cute tops. However, this weekend, I found a garage sale where I got to go bananas! A lady with all the name brand had 'fill a box for $3'... I filled two boxes, and later ended up with ALL that she didn't sell. My closet is full! So it was kinda like the finger pointing, clothes magically appearing, all for $6.

During the garale sales, one of the local elder groups had a trailer with some pumpkins for sale downtown. I was able to get Lauren's picture while she admired the 'new toys'.












And here are more birthday pictures...

The Presents:






This is a picture of the name album Grandma made Lauren. It is so precious and everyone absolutely loved it at the party. That should have been a big boost for grandma's ego. It really is beautiful!








We spent Friday with Aunt Terra in Clinton doing some shopping and looking at her new house. My daughter is turning into quite the little thief. She raided her diaper bag a few weeks ago you might remember and stole the chicken nuggets. The other day I came out of the gas shop, put her in her car seat, and noticed she had a container of 'Twang' in her hand that I didn't see. (yes I took it back in and apologized) And now she's resorted to stealing people's sonic drink. While Terra and I were visiting at her 'old' house, we noticed Lauren slipping over to the coffee table and getting a sip of Terra's Vanilla Dr. Pepper. And don't think that Lauren doesn't know a Sonic cup. She can smell them a mile away. She's worse than the dog when we pull in to Sonic, she knows!







I finally was able to get some pictures of the white rabbit that has inhabited our farm for about 6 months now. Maybe longer. We assume that he was someone's pet that got loose, or was intentionally set loose. Either way he hangs around and socializes with the wild cotton tails that also call our farm 'home'. He let me get about 15 ft from him, and that was close enough, off he went.







Also as promised, I am sharing a short video of Lauren learning to use a big people fork. She tried mightily to stab the meat, and when that didn't work, she picked it up with her hand and placed it on her fork. That still didn't work, so she 'asked' daddy to help. She was so proud of herself. keep in mind we hadn't let her have a fork or spoon before, so it was awesome to watch miss independent. She's been wathing us:

(be here in just a moment)

2 comments:

Monica said...

love the pumpkin photos!! I can't wait to take Ethan to his first pumpkin farm!!!

Saleana said...

Happy Birthday, Lauren!