This is a little something different... After losing my pictures and not knowing if I would get them back, I was working on scrapbook pages for Lauren's 1 year album ( I am soooo behind). Originally the two page layout was going to be about seeing her bubba again for the first time in about a month. Instead, after wanting to cry looking at these pictures, I realized how blessed I am to have every picture that I do. A lot of people don't take the time to capture everyday moments in their lives. I know for me, it's this warm fuzzy feeling (<---seriously? did I really just say that) to look at these pictures and know what we all looked like, how we smiled, how happy we were to be a family again. I seriously have this fear of one day not being able to remember these small moments in our life...
The journaling reads:
to remember a moment
to go back in time
to record those little things
that make up the everyday
and any day...
to watch their faces
as they look at a page,
see my pictures, and know my words
to express myself
through scrapbooking
and photography
and loving every minute of it
for you (on the picture of both of them)
for these reasons...
I create.


The journaling reads:
to remember a moment
to go back in time
to record those little things
that make up the everyday
and any day...
to watch their faces
as they look at a page,
see my pictures, and know my words
to express myself
through scrapbooking
and photography
and loving every minute of it
for you (on the picture of both of them)
for these reasons...
I create.


................................................................................
I don't know if any of you ever read my comments, but grandma, who always posts wonderful comments, mentioned some things I failed to mention about Lauren. She looooves to move and push things around. She especially likes heavy objects, and anything challenging. While she likes me to read to her, she has to be in the mood. She doesn't like anything that keeps her still for too long. If it does she either finds a way to make it more action filled, or she moves on to something else. She pushes limits. You can say no, and no, and no, over and over again. It makes her no difference, she will try her darnedest to do it, get it, or whatever it may be... what I hope for me daughter is that shes keeps her independence and her will. I grew up very weak and always walked on. I didn't stand up for anything I felt. I didn't even find myself until after high school... I hope that both of my kids will stand on their two feet in this ever changing world, and know who they are and exactly what they want out of life.
In the meantime: I am getting busy with birthday celebration plans. I have got to finish her dvd this week, that keeps getting longer and longer. I swear! I don't know when to stop. I worked on the cupcake toppers. I'm sorry but I want it to be a surprise for my guests, so I won't post details until after the party.
My girlfriend and I had made plans to go see the movie, "The Women", came out this weekend. It was a very good movie, not what I thought though. Unfortunately for her, she won't know, she got called out to a doggie c-section. So I sat there with my other friend Amanda. We had a good time.
Well, I'm off to the dentist. I'll post pictures of Lauren later.
In the meantime: I am getting busy with birthday celebration plans. I have got to finish her dvd this week, that keeps getting longer and longer. I swear! I don't know when to stop. I worked on the cupcake toppers. I'm sorry but I want it to be a surprise for my guests, so I won't post details until after the party.
My girlfriend and I had made plans to go see the movie, "The Women", came out this weekend. It was a very good movie, not what I thought though. Unfortunately for her, she won't know, she got called out to a doggie c-section. So I sat there with my other friend Amanda. We had a good time.
Well, I'm off to the dentist. I'll post pictures of Lauren later.


2 comments:
I love your layout. Is that Basic Grey I see under there? I'm hoping to finally get some scrapping done this weekend.
I hope you had a good visit to the dentist. I work in a dental office and I think we get a bad rap. :o)
beautiful layout and the journaling is soooo true! I wish everyone could understand that instead of making fun because we always have the camera.
Post a Comment