Sunday, January 13, 2008

A new camera... talking to 'Cascade'... and a bottle strike!!!

Wow! Where to start!

Daycare called me Thursday and said Lauren was running a low grad fever (again) and she was worried about her, thinking she might be getting sick. I said she had been running that fever for a while now off and on and we were chalking it up to her possibly teething.

Well I picked her up Thursday evening, and daycare said she cried for two hours off and on and refused the bottle. My thought was her acid reflux was kicking up again. She has been showing some signs lately.

So we go home, try to get ready for bed, eat our cereal, and refused the bottle again. So I nursed her, and prayed that it was enough to get her through the night. She slept til 3:30, which is pretty good compared to lately. Sent her to daycare Friday morning, she had her check up Friday afternoon at 2 pm. I get to daycare to pick her up, and she hasn't eaten anything. She's asleep and looks all distraught.

We get to the dr., he weighs her, and she hasn't gained anything in three weeks. Thats not good. So I tell him whats been going on, and that she won't eat. So now we have to do a food diary and take her back next week to check her weight. So we are waiting on the 4 month shots, like I need one more thing piled on top of her right now. He did test her for RSV and strep, just incase, but those came back negative.

She's really a happy baby so I'm not sure why she's striking. She's finally getting more sleep, but she wants nothing to do with the bottle. So tomorrow, I will keep in contact with daycare, and if all else fails I will come home at lunch to nurse her and go back to work.































On a different note, she has this new 'voice' she has found... it's more like a growl and it is hilarious. At first we thought it was her being hoarse from possibly crying so much at daycare Thursday. Last night, I was cleaning the kitchen and had her in her bouncy seat in there with me. I had the cascade set out, and for whatever reason it caught her eye... She started growling at it and carried on quite a conversation with it. I tried to get my video camera out, but I distracted her and she quit.

Finally, I got Levi a new camera for Christmas, and I finally got it out yesterday to play with it. It's a Kodak easy share, and boy I can tell a difference between it and my 'real' camera. But it's still fun to play with, I can take shots of me and her easier with that tiny thing vs. my chunky camera. So yesterday we played and snapped all these pictures. The last one is from this morning while we were playing on the computer. She really likes her mommy time.

Other than that, all is quiet here. I was awake at 4 this morning with a coughing asthma attack, finally got back to sleep around 8, and decided to forgo church today. We are being lazy, and as you can tell, sitting in front of the computer. I plan to make some fried apple pies in a bit, and start dinner this afternoon.

Thomas and DeLeta will be in sometime the middle of this week, and I absolutely cannot wait! We will travel our first trip to Hereford Texas to pick up Hunter, as we have major birthday plans with him that weekend. I will post details after the fact!


I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend, and once again, feel free to drop us a line or a comment. I better go, little girl is getting extremely restless and typing is becoming harder and harder with her wiggling around.

Love Shannon and Lauren!

3 comments:

Monica said...

beautiful photos, but that last one... its the winner!!!

Hope the bottle strike is over soon! I'm sure she just misses her mommy.

CJensen said...

I sure hope Lauren is doing better soon!

Anonymous said...

Such cute pictures. I love them all. The first one is so cute. She looks so happy and curious. I love the close ups that you do of her. Great Job!