Wednesday, January 23, 2008

PICTURES!!!!!

Ok, so I finally have a moment to post some pictures... The first pictures are from the first time Lauren met her Papa Clifford, Moma Karen, and Uncle Dakota on Sunday. Sunday also marked her turning four months old.

I just love this picture of moma Karen and her in her nursery. Lauren really liked her and like all the attention she was getting. Lauren liked her papa too, until her daddy came home. Then she wanted her daddy only. Can you say spoiled?!?!

Her uncle Dakota just thought she was pretty special. He enjoyed holding her, and talking to her. I found him somewhat fascinated with her tiny hands. Dakota and Hunter had a good time together as well, despite the cold weather. We hated to see them go so quick, but dad had to get some equipment on up to his company's yard.















Everything else is going quite well here. Well, I should say we are having some baby sitter issues, but hopefully that will be resolved soon.

The weekend with Hunter was fabulous! We had so much fun, and we really miss him already. Yesterday was his 9th birthday. We spent the weekend having a birthday party, took him to a rodeo, and played rodeo-opoly. He beat me!!! It took two nights of playing, and I still don't think he was ready to quit!

Below are some pictures of us goofing off in the car on our way to the rodeo. The event was actually the International Finals Rodeo (IFR), held at the state fair grounds indoor arena. I was fortunate enough to make the right phone calls and get us seats right on top of the bucking shoots. We even talked about making this a yearly tradition since they are always held around the time of mine and Hunter's birthday.

We had a a lot of fun goofing off together and taking pictures. We had Hunter fooled as to what the surprise was, until we got to OKC, and was in a western shop when the sales clerk asked if we were in town for the rodeo. Hunter's eyes lit up, but bless his heart, he tried not to let us know that he knew.

Here are some pictures of Lauren and Hunter seeing eachother for the first time in three weeks, taken Friday night. She recognized him, and spent a good while 'studying' his face. She truly loves her big bubba. She was extremely happy to see him, and when all else fails, bubba can calm her down when she's in a hissy.

Hunter wanted to help bathe Lauren friday night, so we set her up in the kitchen sink. He thought it was fun and cute, and decided to take some pictures for me.


It won't be long and miss priss will be sitting up on her own.
She is trying so hard as it is now.
















Here are a few pictures from the rest of the days events... Hunter tried on some boots (as part of his birthday present). But unfortunately he couldn't find any that he liked real well. He loved these, as far as style goes, but couldn't find a pair to fit right. It doesn't help that his current boots are worn out beyond comfortable, but it's what he is used
to, and will have a hard time adjusting to any new boot. The boots were made by John Deere and had a cool camo top. Speaking of camouflage, I got the purse I wanted, but not from Levi. My best girlfriend Terra got it for me. I was so excited! I love it.

My mother-in-law, Diana, got me an awesome wallet with a jeweled horseshoe outline on it. She knows me so well!






Well, I better wrap it up for today. I'm suprised blogger hasn't gone into picture overload. I could post so much more... but I'll just save them for another post tomorrow or the next day.

I hope everyone is doing fine... I posted a new site feed on the right hand side that shows me remote internet locations of people who view our blog... so far that I know of, I have had one from Canada, and several states. That excites me to see people really are looking!

If you are from out of the country, please post a comment so we know who you are!!! And don't forget, you can be added to my new subscription service where you will get an immediate (within15 minutes) email notification that a new post has been added!!! Just comment here, or send me an email.

Love to everyone!

Shannon




4 comments:

CJensen said...

THe rodeo sounds like a blast! I haven't been to a rodeo in years. We used to go to the local one every year. We really need to take our 3 year old to a small one, he is absolutely obsessed with horses and cowboys.

LIttle miss Lauren is such a doll! What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

I love the black and white of Hunter and Lauren! That is a gorgeous photo! I can't believe how big she has gotten since the last time I stopped by!

Karidan Kaye said...

Hey Shannon loving the new banner I really need to get a new one for jaemen since it isnt the holidays anymore for other one!! She is getting so big.. I am doing jaemens two month picture tomorrow even though he has two stratches on his face today :(!!!

Adrienne said...

The traffic feed is neat! I added one to mine, too. I can see our family in Germany is "tuning in".

When you make your banner for the top, what size do you make it in photoshop? (? in. x ? in.)