Here are some more pictures from Hunter's Birthday party at his grandpa and grandma's house... He had a lot of fun, ut he was sombersome too, he knew it was getting closer time to going home... only two more months baby boy, and maybe that will all change.







Lauren got her first taste of chocolate ice cream, and she loved it! The picture of Grannie Nadine, is holding Riggs, Hunter and Lauren's newest cousin who was born on 9/11.
Yes, it's true, starting today my official title is no longer E-911 Administrative Assistant but is now Stay at Home Mom. Also known as full time diaper changer, booger wiper, keeper of the cheerios (or bottles for now), bed time story reader, toy fetcher, and called mommy.
This was not a decision made simply because I want to be. Unfortunately our babysitter issues did not get resolved. Or I guess you could say in a way you could say they were. Either way, I now will be the sole 'caretaker' of the princess. We have struggled now for a week, as some of you know, with trying to find someone to keep her everyday, five days a week. So to Levi's suggestion (yes... I said Levi!) we considered that I may have to stay home. We put it to pen and paper, and though it will be tight, it will be worth it. But on the bright side I will have a chance to do things we have been wanting to do for a long time now. Levi's own words were, it will be nice for you to keep our yard and house in better shape. And hey, I'm the first to admit, I agree. It will now be my priority, instead of being tired in the evenings. Also, the big kicker was that I can now paint our house this spring. We have been wanting to do it, but never found a weekend this past summer, that we weren't too tired, or too busy to accomplish it.
I think Lauren is pretty excited about the concept too... for her, it means more 'straight from the tap' and less bottle!

I also have realized, on a personal note, I will get to do more things for me too. Scrapbooking has always been a creative outlet for me, and now I will have more time to 'catch' up. I say catch up, because I am way behind on Hunter, but I haven't even begun on Lauren. In fact I haven't even finished the pregnancy album!
So with all my ramblings, I don't have much else to post. I will post later this week to tell everyone how the first week at home has been. I'm hoping much better than my first few weeks home on maternity leave were.
And the truth is, Lauren is really getting to a fun age now, so I think I will enjoy it more, and be able to do more with her in tow.
Well, thats all for now... I am taking her up to work in a few hours to clean out my office, and let all the girls see her. She's grown so much since the last time some of them saw her.
Hope everyone is good (I know I am :) )
Shannon







Lauren got her first taste of chocolate ice cream, and she loved it! The picture of Grannie Nadine, is holding Riggs, Hunter and Lauren's newest cousin who was born on 9/11.
Yes, it's true, starting today my official title is no longer E-911 Administrative Assistant but is now Stay at Home Mom. Also known as full time diaper changer, booger wiper, keeper of the cheerios (or bottles for now), bed time story reader, toy fetcher, and called mommy.This was not a decision made simply because I want to be. Unfortunately our babysitter issues did not get resolved. Or I guess you could say in a way you could say they were. Either way, I now will be the sole 'caretaker' of the princess. We have struggled now for a week, as some of you know, with trying to find someone to keep her everyday, five days a week. So to Levi's suggestion (yes... I said Levi!) we considered that I may have to stay home. We put it to pen and paper, and though it will be tight, it will be worth it. But on the bright side I will have a chance to do things we have been wanting to do for a long time now. Levi's own words were, it will be nice for you to keep our yard and house in better shape. And hey, I'm the first to admit, I agree. It will now be my priority, instead of being tired in the evenings. Also, the big kicker was that I can now paint our house this spring. We have been wanting to do it, but never found a weekend this past summer, that we weren't too tired, or too busy to accomplish it.
I think Lauren is pretty excited about the concept too... for her, it means more 'straight from the tap' and less bottle!

I also have realized, on a personal note, I will get to do more things for me too. Scrapbooking has always been a creative outlet for me, and now I will have more time to 'catch' up. I say catch up, because I am way behind on Hunter, but I haven't even begun on Lauren. In fact I haven't even finished the pregnancy album!So with all my ramblings, I don't have much else to post. I will post later this week to tell everyone how the first week at home has been. I'm hoping much better than my first few weeks home on maternity leave were.
And the truth is, Lauren is really getting to a fun age now, so I think I will enjoy it more, and be able to do more with her in tow.
Well, thats all for now... I am taking her up to work in a few hours to clean out my office, and let all the girls see her. She's grown so much since the last time some of them saw her.
Hope everyone is good (I know I am :) )
Shannon


1 comment:
I am so happy for you!!! I can't wait to see all of your new creations! Have a blast with your princess!
PS. I can't believe Hunter is 9!!!!!! He's so big!
Post a Comment