I woke up thursday morning, not feeling quite right. At first I thought maybe it was just a touch of morning sickness coming back. My stomach was extremely sore, and I just didn't feel right. After being sick, I sent Levi on to work thinking I could tough it out. Just having gotten over the very sore back, I wasn't ready for anything else... but alas, I must have gotten a case of food poisioning, and in an ironic turn of events, Levi's mother, Diana, was right there to help me. I called the dr. to see if I could get in that morning, my appointment wasn't until friday afternoon. They said they would try to get me in at 9:30. Diana said she would drive me... however half way there, my back set in once again, only on the other side this time. It was pretty painful. So Diana talked me in to by-passing the dr. and going to the ER. And BOY, am I glad I did... They started an IV, and after having already been sick 8 times, they put in some phenegrin... I got sick two more times before I felt relieved. Then they gave me a shot of nubain to help me relax. They started monitoring the baby, and guess what?
Contractions were two minutes apart... the whole day... but sadly enough, no more progress.
The dr. talked about keeping me there overnight, but I assured him that I could do this at home. So after a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia, however I did have an upper-respitory infection, and an ultrasound to check on little Lauren, we finally got to go home at 7 that night. Levi's mom stayed with me all day, and his grandparents came for the evening.
So I have been on a heating pad since thursday night, and not much sleep, but am finally feeling much better today... much better. The dr. said it's just a matter of time now... Levi is hoping for me to hold out til next weekend. I think he secretly wants her born on his birthday! I don't have much else to post... but I do have two pictures from wednesday morning before work...
And be prepared!!! There is nothing but all belly being shown! I'm still amazed that I haven't gotten just terribly huge. At Friday's appointment it was a total of 22 pounds so far...
Oh and a little comparison here...
I was 3 months in this picture,
but still wearing the same pair of
black pants in both pictures...
Lots of love to everyone
and send me lots of 'labor vibes'...





3 comments:
Ok, girl! You are tiny (though I know you are just as miserabl as if you were bigger, believe me, i was tiny with my first too!) I swear at 28 weeks I am the same size as you are! You look just so cute and pregnant! So sorry you had such an awful time this week! UGh! Here;s hoping you start to feel better soon and little Lauren will not take too much time in arriving!
Oh sweetie I am glad you are doing better now but I am so sorry to hear that is has been rough for you lately. Good thing Levi's Mom was around to take you to the ER. You look so cute pregnant and you really don't look that big so don't worry!!! Funny to look at the 3 month photo though. Nice comparison. I hope she arrives soon!!! I can't wait to see her.
You are SUPER CUTE! Wish I looked like that while pregnant!
Post a Comment