This is the end of the road for me, and hopefully after tomorrow I will no longer be expecting, but have my little one arrived! Last night was quite eventful... I had contractions all day, and after returning home from the dr. I started to show some good early labor signs... The contractions continued last night, and just as I laid back in the warm tub, I got a phone call, it was Levi:
Hello?
Hey, how you feeling?
I'm good, still got contractions, I'm just soaking in the tub...
Well... insert long pause... we have a problem.
hesitation... Whaaaatttt?
I stepped off a compressor backwards, and I don't know if it's broke or sprained, but I hurt my ankle...
Talk about nice way to start the night... I was anticipating a warm soak and then some sleep. However I spent 3 hours with Levi in the ER, where after three x-rays, it was determined that it was not a break, but a severe sprain. Which in the dr's words, can sometimes be worse than a break. A break will heal within 6-8 weeks, a sprain can take several months. And sure enough in the x-rays, it looks like the joint and ligaments were stressed pretty good. And judging by the swelling, I don't doubt it will be easily recovered from. So we are quite the site preparing to go to the hospital: a pregnant fumbling woman, and a crippled, crutched man! hahaha! At least one of us will come out feeling somewhat better (or so I hope).
The contractions have continued today, but not near as strong as last night. I had some decent hard ones that made me wonder if we would have this baby sooner than Thursday. But alas, I am doing last minute preperations to get us ready.Since we managed a lousy attempt at an anniversary yesterday, we will attempt to eat a nice dinner tonight, as instructed by the hospital; it will be my last until Lauren comes.
Grandma took a few pictures in the nursery before we left... As soon as I can get home and get comfy, I will try and post a pic and some stats...

Everyone be praying for me and Lauren, Levi too... and we send out our love to all!
Hello?
Hey, how you feeling?
I'm good, still got contractions, I'm just soaking in the tub...
Well... insert long pause... we have a problem.
hesitation... Whaaaatttt?
I stepped off a compressor backwards, and I don't know if it's broke or sprained, but I hurt my ankle...
Talk about nice way to start the night... I was anticipating a warm soak and then some sleep. However I spent 3 hours with Levi in the ER, where after three x-rays, it was determined that it was not a break, but a severe sprain. Which in the dr's words, can sometimes be worse than a break. A break will heal within 6-8 weeks, a sprain can take several months. And sure enough in the x-rays, it looks like the joint and ligaments were stressed pretty good. And judging by the swelling, I don't doubt it will be easily recovered from. So we are quite the site preparing to go to the hospital: a pregnant fumbling woman, and a crippled, crutched man! hahaha! At least one of us will come out feeling somewhat better (or so I hope).
The contractions have continued today, but not near as strong as last night. I had some decent hard ones that made me wonder if we would have this baby sooner than Thursday. But alas, I am doing last minute preperations to get us ready.Since we managed a lousy attempt at an anniversary yesterday, we will attempt to eat a nice dinner tonight, as instructed by the hospital; it will be my last until Lauren comes.
Grandma took a few pictures in the nursery before we left... As soon as I can get home and get comfy, I will try and post a pic and some stats...

Everyone be praying for me and Lauren, Levi too... and we send out our love to all!


6 comments:
I am So excited!!! I can not wait to see her! Her nursery is so cute. The pink and yellow look great together. Sorry for Levi. Thats awful sbout his ankle. I will be thinking about your growing family and pray for a perfect delivery. :)
We love all 3 of you and pray all will be well. Pa and Grandma
OMG! I can't believe it. I hope Levi feels better soon and I am glad that she is finally getting ready to come into this world. You are in my thoughts and prayers for a peaceful and quick delivery!!
Ooh, I am so excited for you! The nursery looks adorable! And you look incredible!
You look great, and I love the nursery. I'm sure you're recovering now, we can't wait to hear about everything.
Please keep us updated! I willcheck in with you to see how you are!
Post a Comment