Monday, September 24, 2007

Lauren Nadine Fry






What a beautiful angel we have... or so we think! Like Grannie Nadine said, everyone thinks their crow is the blackest! But I just can't stop being amazed, I am so in love! So is a certain daddy...
I thought I would post some more pictures of her birth... Tomorrow or the next day I will start posting some pictures after we got home...

The birth was long and hard, but I'll make it short and sweet; she was sunny side up, her heart rate kept plunging, and I went into a full blown asthma attack. They had the oxygen cranked on me, but I just couldn't breathe enough to push hard. I would make it through 5 second counts, and that's not long enough when you are trying to get a baby out. So after 15 minutes of pushing and coughing, Dr. B. decided we needed to get her out and used forceps. I did end up with an epidural, but there was a 'loop hole' and I felt most everything, including the forceps, which made me literally sick, the pain was too much... But just a few pulls and pushes later, she was out and raising cain.

I told Levi now that the hard part is over, it's all up-hill from here. She's a quite demanding baby, but both of us are happy to oblige. We are finally getting on more of a routine. Sleeping spells are getting longer, but not long enough.

Well, I have to admit, I'm tired, and it's getting late. So I'm gonna sign off for tonight. Make sure you check back regularly if you want to see precious pictures. She's either gonna love the camera or hate it, time will tell.




Love to you all!

















This was so neat; when they were done with her footprints they stamped Levi's arm. He was so proud... She's leaving more than her footprints on him though... can you say wrapped around her finger?
:)

4 comments:

CJensen said...

What a cutie she is!! She looks so much like you Shannon! Sorry about the pain...it really can be awful (and you have no clue until you are in the middle of it!). My epidurals only work on half of my body, so I feel on half of my body and not on the other, kinda wierd! So glad you are doing well! I can't wait to see more photos of your little sweetie!

Lisa Marie Schwerdt said...

Such a little doll!!! And the footprints on Levi's arm are adorable....what a great memory. You guys look so happy and I am soooo happy for you guys. Get as much rest as possible and take as many pictures as you can...lol. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! I liked the stamped foot prints on his arm also. It was such a neat touch. I hate to hear you had a hard time. You both look so cute and happy with your new princess. I have Lauren a present but need your address again when you get a chance to email it to me. Thanks for sharing the cute pictures. I love to check your blog for new post. I am so happy for you.

Monica said...

CONGRATS!!!!!! I LOVE the fact that they put the feet on Levi's arm. I bet he still hasn't washed it off huh? lol