Saturday, January 10, 2009

Feels good to be back...

Oh my, where to even begin... the last month has been crazy-crazy-busy!!! But I am glad to be back and able to update everyone:


I am enjoying working, when I actually get to work. Lauren has been sick a lot lately. We spent Christmas Eve in the ER. The following Monday in the hospital getting some test run. And last night once again, in the ER. Here’s the very short version:

  • She started profuse vomiting on Christmas night. We were on our way to visit my family in East Texas. We made it to Wichita Falls when she started, so I finally made the decision to turn around and go back home. Half way there we stopped at an ER to get something to stop her from being sick.
  • Then we continued to vomit the whole weekend and ran fever off and on. The dr. sent us to the hospital to have some blood work drawn, a chest x-ray, and even an EKG.

I wasn’t pleased after all of that, and got a second opinion. It was a sinus infection and after a round of antibiotics she is doing so much better.

Now we are just suffering through getting our two year molars and a gash to the head she acquired at daycare Wednesday night. She was a trooper and handled it quite well. Also, we learned from the ER doctor how to help her quit walking on her tip-toes so maybe she won't fall as much.




Other than all of that, I suppose you could say all is well. I'll share some highlights from the past couple of weeks:

Christmas in the Park:







Nana's early Christmas:






Sunday before Christmas:





First daycare party:



The little boy is a friend of mine's son. he's just a month or two older than Lauren. They were dancing so cute together!



Christmas Eve:









Christmas Day:



Yes, she is eating Santa's leftover cookies!!! It was so cute when she suddenly realized there were cookies left on the end table.



Lauren got 5 baby dolls!!! Santa went a little overboard, he just couldn't stop himself with the dolls. She also got a stroller to pus them around in, and a wal-mart shopping cart... clothes, bottles, and more stuff to take care of her babies... a radio flyer tri-cycle... and a horse lamp, among many other things.



Hunter hit the mother load with a new stereo/cd player, tons of cds... a new dvd player and dvds... and lots of other goodies! Christmas was great for the kids. They both were extremely happy with what mommy and daddy bought. And of course Santa was good to them too.



My new job was a good realization of how bad my chronic cough and allergies were. My best girl-friend, Dana, used to harp on me to go see a specialist. I wished I had listened sooner. The nurse at my new job got tired of hearing me cough every morning and sent me to the Oklahoma Allergy and Asthma clinic. They did a lot of testing. One was the pin-prick with the different allergens, and this is what we got:




Sorry for the bad cell-phone picture, but you get the idea... Those are huge welts from the pin-pricks. Finally the nurse said she would quit because I was so highly allergic there was no sense in carrying on. Along with that, the results from my chest x-ray showed infection in my lungs, and my cat scan on my sinus cavities showed infection as well. So we are working on clearing it up so I can begin allergy shots. And to think, I have been this way all that I can remember in life. I am so excited to one day soon, feel so much better!

For those of you wondering why you didn’t receive Christmas cards. They’ll be coming soon. We can just call them Happy new year’s cards. I just didn’t have it together this year.

I thought that I would try and get everything in this update, but it's just not possible. So I'll wrap it up for now, but be sure to come back, I have several updates that are already scheduled to post later this week. The next one is
"Down on Lauren's Farm"... be ready for cuteness!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! love, grandma

Monica said...

So glad to see an update!! Looks like the holidays were absolutely wonderful for you and the fam. The only thing you didn't mention is what YOU got for Christmas! That better be in the next post :) the photos are great and I can't wait to see more.

And I agree with grandama... OUCH!!!!

Adrienne said...

Oh, I haven't even begun our usual yearly letter. Maybe it will go out for Valentine's day. Ha! Thanks for your comments. I hope to post again soon. Things are a little stressful around our house right now and I just haven't gotten the blogging inspiration lately.

I look forward to hearing about your allergy progress. Won't it be amazing to feel better when you didn't really realize how bad you felt in the first place!!

Angela V. said...

yikes, that head gash looks painful! glad your getting your allergies figured out, you'll start feeling better I'm sure!

Saleana said...

Shannon,

Happy New year! I hope you and your family have a great year!

It's been a while since we've talked It looks like you guys have been as busy as us. I hope little Lauren's head is getting better, pore baby.

hiscrappergirl said...

wow that was a crazy holiday!!! I am glad you and Lauren are on the road to feelign so much better. She is as cute as ever!! Don't feel too bad on the Christmas card thing, we didn't get it together either - we're doing Valentine's cards instead!!

The 6-S Ranch said...

Hi Shannon! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! I just love the camo wrapping paper and stockings under the tree...so cute! Stuff like that is hard to find in So. California. Man! You guys really have been under the weather...hope everyone is feeling better soon:)

~Cassie