Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The one that started it all...

The new camera and my obsession with it got me to thinking about things... Well, the other night I sat down to my newly updated (and oh so much better) computer to look at files and pictures and such... I started thinking about the camera, and the picture that really started this whole mess... you know, the mess where I spend every waking moment thinking about the new camera and stalking the ups guy. I bet UPS's website had so many hits from me~ oh, back to the camera:
My old Konica-Minolta DiMage Z-10. I was so proud of that camera. I bought it from Robert, my now friend, at Baker Photo and Video in Yukon. If only I had known that-that was just the beginning...





  1. Hunter-2005- first rabbit he shot

  2. Beautiful sunset on our farm-2005

  3. Dixie-when she was skinny-2005

  4. Miss Madison-'Mommy's Arms'-2005

  5. Plant-Myriad Gardens, OKC-2005

  6. Levi and Hunter- Coyote Hunting-2005
The last picture is my all-time FAVORITE of Levi and Hunter... life was good, and Hunter was so little. He was 5 in that picture. It's truly a moment frozen in time. The way they walk the same. Their intentions the same... it's just precious to me.

Now as for the picture I posted at the first of this post. That is my little sister and her husband. They asked me, well I offered, to take some engagement pictures of them. With a littl
e help from the beautiful setting sun, I captured several of these silhouettes, including one of them on their fence.

So then I got to thinking about the next camera:



I upgraded the Konica Minolta for this Panasonic FZ10. I must like the '10's of it all... I sold my Konica Minolta to a friend and I bought the Panasonic from my computer guy. It was my buddy for all of Hunter's baseball games and it is still is a good camera.

















  1. Altus Air Force Jets-Burns Flat, OK-2006

  2. The burnt remains of Pa's windshield-2007

  3. Wedding Rings- 2007

  4. Maxwell Family-2007
And then, more recently...









And then along came my Nikon D100:

This was my first DSLR... which I also bought from Robert... I invested in a couple of lenses and I have been so happy. This camera has been through one of the most important times of my life:










  1. Lauren- just a few months old on a car trip-2007

  2. Lauren- posed for some valentine's day pictures-2008

  3. Just some friends I made-2008

  4. Lauren turning 1!!!- 2008


Now, finally I got this baby. She finally arrived, despite ice and snow. And she is ALLLLLL mine!!! Funny story to share~ I got the camera today before right before lunch. much to Robert's awful salesmen pushiness, I rushed to wal-mart to buy a new SD card despite the icy roads. Roads and ice are almost melted when I got off from work and on my way out the door, splat!!! I hit the pavement, straight on my 'cushion'. I did my derndest not to let her hit the pavement. Yes, I'm a little sore:


But I am sooooo excited!!! It's a step up from the D100. Faster shutter and all the bells and whistles... I've only managed a few shots shy of 100 pictures on it's first day. I'm sure there will be thousands more to come. But for now, I'll share some of my beautiful baby girl:





Sorry for the long post... I just couldn't help myself! And sorry Dawn, I couldn't help but take her out into the freezing cold for just a minute. I covered her ears, seeeeee! seeeeeeeeee!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! I didn't realize you had been through severals cameras... How long have we know each other now? ~ Hugs & Happy Shooting! ~Rob

Angela V. said...

it doesn't seem to matter which camera you use, all your photo's turn out beautifully! congrats on the new camera, have fun with it!

~*~ Stephanie ~*~ said...

Well since you are showing off all of your wonderful photos...


You have been tagged :) Head over to my scrapping blog to the photo tag post!

Monica said...

WOW if this is what we can expect from now on.... I'm so excited!!!!

Shannon said...

WoW WoW WoW!!!!! how exciting! I cannot wait to get my very first DSLR! I plan to buy the Canon xsi in the spring....ohhh the dilema, Canon or Nikon??? have fun with your new toy

Adrienne said...

Ohhhh, the envy... My b-day is on Superbowl Sunday (day after tomorrow) and the last digital camera I got was from the LAST time my birthday landed on Superbowl Sunday. My hubby had only gotten me a cake with a football on it. Yup, that was it. So, lo and behold, I got a nifty new digital camera (just a step up from my old point-and-shoot) in the mail a while later as a "guilt gift". (But it's nowhere NEAR the caliber of any of yours.)

I look forward to seeing more new pictures with your new toy! :o)