Sunday, February 1, 2009

A little camera fun...

Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone!!! Yes, despite my dislike of sports, I am watching the Super Bowl... well, sort of. I am listening and cooking and posting to the blog. I made hot wings and oven baked fries with sweet tea. Life is good!!! I don't mind football, I even know quite a bit about it... But I most certainly don't want to watch it everyday.

The other morning, on the way to work I was able to capture this pretty boy in the cold icy morning:





And this is SOOC (straight out of camera), taken this afternoon on Lauren's room:





Yeah she was screaming at me because I wouldn't let her touch the lens of my camera... Oh the joys of a toddler.

I am enjoying my camera, like you wouldn't believe!!! And to top it off, my friend John sent me home today with a Quantaray 50mm Macro lens... So I played with it a little tonight:
















I couldn't believe the quality on this thing!!!

So I am thinking that this whole 2-blogs thing is too much to keep up with... so I am going to combine them. From now on all photography things and family things will be posted here. It will be much easier for me. I hope no one minds.

Also, I am still trying to figure out how to post my Project 340 without posting them here. Maybe in the sidebar somewhere... until then, here is 1/28 and 1/30. I skipped the 29th until I know it's okay to post the picture.




Well that's all for now!!! Sending out love!

PS... Let's GO Cardinal's!!! Let's GO!

3 comments:

Monica said...

looks like you are having fun! i remember those days when I had a new camera. Unfortunately it's been a looooong time for that. Great shots!

Anonymous said...

Well, shannon, why didn't you let her play with the lens? She's even beautiful when she is crying or pitching a fit. Nice and warm but windy here tonight. grandma

Anonymous said...

Waiting on more pictures! Beginning to miss you guys! I think since I have begun to get older, some time I need to be quiet and alone, and some time I just get more homesick. I think Thomas is missing Little Girl, too. He's talking about her a little. It doesn't help that the park manager and his wife have twin granddaughters who live here, too. They are pretty cute - entirely different in looks and personality - but they will be 2 on March 31 and April 1. Yep one was born just before midnight and the other just after, different days. See you. grandma