Friday, February 20, 2009

Just when I'm ready to quit...


Just when I think I am ready to quit blogging, I find myself pumped and ready to post.

Sorry I'm MIA (missing in action... I can't explain it. Some days I feel like getting on the computer... some days I don't. Sorry Grandma! Sorry Monica!

Most of you know I am a Pioneer Woman daily reader. Well almost daily... Ironically enough, her post this morning was about her kids and their horses... it made me think about my childhood with horses...

She was talking about how her daughter wrote an ode to her horse, you can read the cute passage
here. Well, it made me think of the songs my Sister and I used to sing while riding in our younger days.

Remember the country song by Daryle Singletary, “too much fun”? Well, ours went something like this:

Too much horses? What’s that mean?
It’s like too many horses, there’s no such thing!
It’s like a horse too pretty, with too much class.
Being too lucky, a horse too fast
No matter what they say I’ve done
I ain’t never had too many HORSES!!!


We lived in Rural Nebraska where we had to ride three miles to go to town. Our Sunday’s were filled with horse races to town with a dollar in our pocket to buy a soda at the soda dispenser, just to ride back home with again. Those were the days when all we thought about was boys and horses...

Good times.

So speaking of my sister, and of horses. My sister called me last night to say the horse farrier was at her house and had time to do our mule before he left town.

Joe. Isn't that a good name for a horse farrier? So fitting.











He loved Festus. Even threatened to steal him. I love Festus, but Festus doesn't love me so much. He's Levi's mule. But what I love about Festus, is when he has't been ridden in a while, you can just saddle up and go. For example this past 4th of July. He hadn't been ridden in months, and Levi and Hunter climbed aboard and rode him in the downtown parade. No problem.




By the way, if you happen to have any of these laying around. And you have dogs. Share these with your dog. he'll love them!



And brown nanny goats like little Lauren fingers...





This is a little personal, but I just had to share...

Every morning Levi and say good bye and wish each other a 'good day'. We top it off with a kiss. Yesterday, I convinced him to let me take a picture...






I really need to start tanning...


Have a great day!


3 comments:

Monica said...

Thank you for posting. I've missed reading. Looks like you've given that camera a work out. these photos are amazing!

Anonymous said...

People I love. . . there's no better pictures anywhere. I love the glimpses of Lauren and goat baby, of you and Levi, of Festus who is the bestus mule I know(he's almost a person) and he is sure enough a guard mule! I was concerned about your new camera for a while, but now I see you needed it - I mean, I know I'm prejudiced but I thought your photos were already perfect. Thanks for posting. Love Grandma

Anonymous said...

Pawpaw said when he talked to Lauren earlier this evening, she yelled at him. I can only imagine what she thinks happened to us. We saw her nearly every day, and then we are gone. But we'll be home in about 5 weeks, according to the boss. grandma