(Isn't she precious? Taken during bathtime)Well, I have a wonderful post all ready to go about my cameras (old and new) and pictures... BUT, the new camera still hasn't arrived, so the post is not quite finished. I am happy to inform you, the camera will arrive tomorrow. Yipppeee!!!
So be on the lookout for a new post...
My new goal is to make my posts longer with content, and fewer in between. I just don't have time to post every other day or so... So for now, I'm announcing my newest adventure... Project 365... only mine is going to have to be Project 340 if I follow the rules of stopping on Dec 31, 2009. I have seen several people doing this, and I find it very interesting... I can't wait to be able to look back on the year and be able to visually remember that days' events.
So I'll start with yesterday's picture (#1):
Yes, it's an egg. One that Levi gathered from the hens yesterday. I have only seen two eggs with some sort of deformity before. Levi swears it looks like a 'teat' to put it nicely... I am pleading the 5th.Then today's (#2):

You can see that it is very icy and cooooooooooold here... But I love it. It makes being warm and snugly all that much more fun and inviting. I would have loved to have bundle Lauren up and took her picture. But being on our third ear infection, it's probably not wise.
Just a short update on the home front- Lauren has an appointment with an ENT (ear nose and throat doctor) next Wednesday for evaluation of possibly placing tubes in her ears. I say there is no doubt that he will find her a prime candidate.
My work is still going good. I'm enjoying it. Not that I don't miss entertaining my daughter daily, she just gets so much more from daycare. I can't say what will happen after the doctor retires in July, there are so many variables, but if it works out, I may not work as full time, but I may keep working for Lauren's benefit. And my checkbook's benefit.
Finally, I want to share the greatest news to come along in the "fry" house since the birth of our precious princess... Mr. Fry, much to his dismay, tried something new for dinner last night...




... and he liked it!!!!! He told me that I could make it again.
............
.................
.......................
Sorry, I just regained consciousness from passing out! It's a true divine miracle.
So I have decided to make it a goal and try something new at least once a week. I will be updating you with recipes, pictures, what passes, and what flunks. Please pray for me.
This was an easy stroganoff that I took various recipes and created myself a quick version:
-pkg of hamburger meat-seasoned well with garlic salt, steak seasoning, onion powder, and parsley flakes
-1 can of chicken broth
-1 can of cream of mushroom
-pkg of dry egg noodles (normally I would have made my own, but I didn't feel like it)
-2-4 tbsp (depending on grease amount) flour
- mix seasoning and hamburger, form small balls and cook on med-low
- once browned and cooked thoroughly take out of pan-do not drain grease
- boil noodles-drain
- put 2-4 tbsp of flour in grease to start gravy
- add both cream of mushroom and chicken broth-stir until thickened
- add meat back to sauce and pour over drained noodles



3 comments:
I love having that for dinner! I've gotta remember to make that again sometime! I can't believe you make your own noodles...where do you find the time?
OMGosh!! Mr meat and potatoes himself liked something new?? There is hope for my hubby!!!! I might try this but I'll have to change it a lot... no grease for me :)
oh and PS.. my blog started out as 365 too and you see how many posts I got to after the first month! lol
I'm glad you like your camera. I know you'll enjoy the b&w. Your meatball dish, with sour cream added, sounds a lot like what Linda McC makes for her family - Swedish meatballs I think she calls it. I love meatballs, but I like little ones and those are just tedious to make. For lunch today, a lady made the old old broken glass pie recipe. It's still good, and new products let it be sugar free!!! I love that you try new foods for your family - they are lucky. Enjoyed your posts today - keep them up. grandma
Post a Comment