
Lillian Nadine Caudill... what a beautiful person you were. To anyone and everyone who had ever crossed paths, you were someone never forgotten. You loved life to it's fullest, seeing the beauty in everyday, even when most couldn't. You truly had a heart of gold and you would do the best that you could by anyone.
You were the one who invited me to that church pew one Sunday morning. Your words were, "come and sit with me". And you were the one who lived your life by Christ. It was evident. You didn't discuss much about the word with me. But you didn't have to. I knew where your heart was, without you claiming it, or explaining it. And that's about the strongest conviction a person can witness. A true, un-ending faith, that's what you had.
You lived a hard life, Nadine. We all knew it. And for someone to rise above it all, and make the best out of it that she can... well, I just hope that I can only be as strong.

There are many things about you that I will never forget... first and foremost, the fact that you took me in and treated me like one of your own when you didn't have to. You owed me nothing; and now I owe you everything. There was no doubt that you loved me. The proof is in the little pats you would sneak to me in church. The hugs I would receive at your house. Your crackling voice that announced "Well! There's my girl!"... and after Lauren arrived "Well! There's my girls!". The secret birthday present one year you delivered to me when you could not afford one for anyone else. That little jewelry bowl sits on my dresser as I type, a cherished gift it will always be.
I'll never be able to tell you how much you mean to me. But I hope you know.
I bet Heaven is beautiful! I can just see you smiling, and no longer hurting or in pain. You probably are doing a little 'cutting-a-rug' too! I hope to join you there one day. To dance with you, laugh, and smile...
... until then, just watch over us all. (I know you will)
Help me to be the best Christian I can be. To life my life as an example, just like you. Help me to stay strong in my faith, to learn daily, and to be a good disciple.
I'll think of you, I'll remember you, and I'll love you everyday.





5 comments:
awe sweetie! this is beautiful!!!!Thank you for sharing it!
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear why you've been quiet in the blog world. Beautiful post about Lillian Nadine. :o) I'm glad that she and Lauren got to get to know each other before she passed away.
Shannon, I am so sorry for your loss - I am sure it is even harder being so close to the holidays. This was a wonderful post, and it is obvious how special she was to you.
Post a Comment