Thursday, November 6, 2008

We voted and "Thriller"



I swear, this shot makes her look like she's doing the 'Thriller' dance!

I just wanted to share a picture from our voting on Tuesday. While I was at the poll, doing my thing, the newspaper lady came in to take pictures. She was just about to snap the cutest picture of Lauren peeking over my should while I was casting my ballot... when one of the voter volunteers yelled out, "You can't take a picture of a person while they are voting!". I was so bummed because it would have been so cute to get in the paper. So grandma snapped a quick pic at her house.


The last two days have been pretty miserable. It seems like we always sick. I only got three hours of sleep tuesday night. Lauren couldn't and wouldn't sleep. We were driving around in the car at almost 5 am trying to lull back to sleep. Then we took a bath. Then we just stayed up, and made a dr. appointment. It's nothing too serious at all, just a little constipation, and she was hurting. We got her to 'move' yesterday and last night she slept ALL night long! Hallalejua! here are a few shots from playing outside last night:


You can see her bruise quite nicely in these pictures. I'll be glad for it to be gone! It just looks awful and I think people probably wonder if I beat her! hahaha!




Greeting daddy at his truck when he came home...


Grandma, like always, rode with me to both of our appointments yesterday. While we were almost to Lauren's, Pa called us and asked if we wanted to meet him for lunch. We ate at yummy Braum's and had a good time. I just LOVE Levi's grandparents, they are always there for me.

Today I am hoping that my backdrop will be in. I'm gonna practice taking some shots of Lauren. I have two shoots tomorrow. I can't wait! Last night was our final night of 'Methodism 1o1', for now. We all enjoyed it so much we hope for something else in the future. I learned a lot from this class and it reaffirmed my choice to become a Methodist.


That's the people of the United Methodist Church...



Speaking of open hearts, Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman, is posting about her husband and two daughter's trip to the Dominican Republic for a five-day trip with Compassion, International, a child sponsorship and advocacy organization for children around the world.

Her husband posted a link to a video that just made my heart break. It's two children, brother and sister, playing the guitar and singing. They have wonderful rythym and seemed to enjoy singing. What breaks my heart is to know the conditions they live in and how this is the highlight of their day... no video games, trips to the mall, ipods, or cell phones. They live on dirt floors and shamble houses.

Makes me thankful for what I have.

Check it out, if you can, here.



1 comment:

Angela V. said...

She does look like she's dancing to Thriller! Good luck with your photo shoots!