Saturday, February 2, 2008

My 4 Month Cutie-Patootie!!!

I wanted to start the weekend off, by showing off some recent pictures that I took of Lauren... I think they turned out wonderful, amazing what some good natural light can do. These were very spur of the moment... just a blanket, a diaper cover, and head band, me and my camera.

I can't get over how adorable she is, (yes, I know I'm biased) and those blue eyes!!! Thank God for those... see her daddy was worth something!

Well, in other news, if anyone cares... I spent thursday night, in the ER. I woke up thursday morning with a gall bladder attack... I knew it as soon as I woke up, I had a dull throb in my ribs and my chest. It wasn't much longer after I got up and moving around that it got worse. I tried to eat something, and I couldn't keep it down. So basically, all day I laid in the floor or on the couch with a heating pad on my back, and tried to entertain Lauren, and keep her happy. Finally I gave in around 5 o'clock, when I realized this one was not going away. Levi was in Sweetwater on a very important job, so I just called my girlfriend Dana.

We met my mother-in-law to take Lauren for me, and we drove on to the ER.

The dr. gave me some medicine through an IV that helped with the pain, and pushed some fluids on me since I hadn't taken anything in all day. They also drew some blood which came back reporting that my pancreas levels were 'critically high'. He was almost sure it was because of the gall bladder, and hesitated to let me go home, but alas he did. Levi drove us back yesterday to have more blood work drawn.






Well, I'm off to get groceries and go to the post office. Levi and I are having our own "Superbowl" party... our two best friends are both on-call, so they can't come. So we are having steak and shrimp with baby girl... just us three... but I'm not complaining.Means more shrimp for me! hahaha

Oh! one more thing. Everyone has asked me how my first week at home as a full-time mommy has been. To answer: aside from my ER visit, it has been nice. Really no different than when I was a working mommy, only more time to cook and clean and play with baby girl. I don't feel as rushed as before. Before, I would:

  • leave at 7:30 in the morning to go to work
  • come home at 5:30 in the evening
  • try to cook a meal
  • do some laundry
  • clean some house
  • give baby girl a bath
  • try to spend some time with levi and Lauren
  • put her to bed
  • and me to bed
Now I have lots more time to do all the above, and with a higher quality level!

Well, I better get around... Love to all!!! I'll post next week sometime. Taking the rest of the weekend off!

OH! And leave some lovins' on my baby girl's pictures!

Shannon and Lauren

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Those big blue eyes AND those beautiful baby lashes! Love the pics. :o) I'm so happy for you that you're at home now. I hope it will be the same for me someday...

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures!!! Her eyes are so blue and bright. I love the simple amount of pink she has on. The pictures are perfect. I am sorry to hear about your er visit though. I am so glad you have such great family and friends there to help you when you need them.

Monica said...

Well I already told you I LOVE these photos. Couldn't do better if you'd taken her to a studio! Great Valentines photos!

So glad you can stay home now. I am jealous! lol

Lisa Marie Schwerdt said...

I love the pictures and those blue eyes are fabulous. I'm glad that you are enjoying staying home and she looks like she is soooo happy to have her mommy with her all the time! I'm sorry to hear about your ER trip and I hope you are feeling better.

CJensen said...

Love those photos! Adorable!