Oh my gosh, this weekend flew by! We had so much fun though! We picked Hunter up Friday afternoon. We got home a little after 9 o'clock. Which wasn't too bad considering the trip was an adventure in itself. First we went through Amarillo, and stopped at Cavendar's Boot City, which is one of my new favorite stores, and Hunter's too! Hunter got a new pair of boots, which he is sporting in the picture, spurs and all! He loved them. He also got a belt buckle that matches his new belt. Afterwards, we stopped at 'Big Texan', which is a restaurant, and ate a wonderful steak. Finally we decided it was time to head home.We just happened to stop at a convenience store about an hour and a half later in Groom Texas. While Hunter and I were inside, Levi recognized a 18-wheeler in the empty parking lot that looked like it was broke down. When we came out to the car, he decided to go check it out. Sure enough it was a man here from our home town, he was on his way back from hauling cattle somewhere out past Amarillo. Apparently he had just pulled in a few minutes before us, and was getting ready to have someone drive all the way out to pick him up. So we offered to take him home. Funny how things work out, because Levi didn't really want to stop, but Hunter and I both convinced him to. The farmer was absolutely grateful... Then our low fuel light came on about 30 miles from the house, and no stops in between. But on luck and prayer, we made it home just fine. That was a good learning lesson!



Here are some picture of the princess getting some lovin's Saturday night.The weather was terrible here Saturday, so we made it a family day, and night. We rented a movie, made some dinner, and played Rodeo-opoly. Hunter beat me twice, then Levi played. I'm stating for the record, I am not playing with Levi ever again. He pummeled us on Saturday night! Then Sunday, Hunter and I thought our luck might change, so we tried again... Levi beat us!!! And I'm not talking a little beating, I mean an all out, landslide!!! But we had a ton of fun! I'm still plotting my victory... just waiting for the right time!


Here are some picture of big bubba doing his 'brotherly duty'. He manages to pick up right where he left off with Lauren, and take over. He loves to feed her, play with her, kiss her, and everything else in between. And she doesn't mind at all. She loves the extra attention, and a new face to look at...I still can't believe how much Hunter has grown up, and how fast....
I still can't believe that Lauren is 5 months old today...
The time really does seem to fly!
I taught Sunday school again this week. And Hunter really enjoyed having me there with him. We had a great lesson on the Pharisee and The Tax Collector. Basically it was about being 'Humble'. Afterwards, the boys from across the street came over, and they played trampoline 'Twister'.

I'm not real sure how you play that any different on a trampoline, but I do know they managed to wear the Twister mat out!Later, Levi took Hunter down to the barn to shoot his shotgun that he got for Christmas. Hunter loves to just shoot his guns. There doesn't have to be a target or anything moving! Just that manly thing to shoot the gun... feel the power! I still can remember his first gun, a little cricket .22 single shot rifle. I may have to see if I can dig out the old pictures of him.


Don't you just love those jeans tucked in the top of the boots!
Levi's mom kept Lauren for us, while we drove back out to Hereford on Monday. I thought to bring Levi's camera, just in case... and Lucky me, I was able to catch Lauren sitting up for the real first time. We had been practicing, but this was completely on her own. I had told Hunter the last time that he was here, that I bet Lauren would be sitting up by the next time he came back. Well, she did it. And he was so excited to see her do it. She really thought she was doing something special, and had a very-concentrating look most of the time. I guess sitting up is hard work!Now along with sitting up, we have made two other milestones this past week. Lauren can now 'blow raspberries'... and she can roll over to get to where she wants to go. As I am typing this now, she has rolled twice to get close to my computer chair and is blowing raspberries at me. Oh Lordy help me once she really gets mobile!
Oh, and she's definitely talking more, and finally has learned to squeal! Thats a real joy!


Nana, enjoyed her time with Lauren. They played a lot and Lauren helped Nana work on that 'very frustrating game' I emailed her. If anyone loves brain bogglers, you need to try this game: www.levelgame.netIt really has no rules, just try things. And keep tabs on your passwords in case you want to come back.
The trip back out to Hereford was nice... very quiet... but nice. Hunter is always quiet and less talkative on the way back out. We did stop at an awesome rest stop just on the other side of the state line. There was a roadrunner out front, and I tried to snap a few pictures of him, but he wouldn't stay still long enough. The rest stop is underground with the top being a look-out point. I tried to play the license plate game with Hunter... see how many different states we could find. But he fell asleep right around Amarillo and we had seen 9.


We took Dixie back with us, she loves to go. She really gets comfy... I snapped a picture on the way back home of the pretty sky out the back window. It was nice to see such a pretty sight after the ice we had on Saturday.
Well I guess that about sums it up. I'm including a video of Lauren 'blowing raspberries' at me just a few minutes ago. If you look close you can see not one, but now TWO teeth.
Well, hope everyone is doing good! Drop us a line or a comment.


2 comments:
haven't seen you around sb.com lately and just wanted to say hi to you and Lauren! I love the video of her blowing raspberries...too cute!
Jennifer S.
I love the video. I keep playing it for Lukas. :o)
Post a Comment