Friday, February 15, 2008

Playing catch up...

This weekend will be yet another long one, so I thought I better play catch up and get some things posted, before I have too much to post next week. I most likely will not post again until next Tuesday or so.

<---- These are the pretty carnations that Levi brought home for me and Lauren. The pink one is her first Valentine carnation. No Levi is not cheap, I like roses, but they are so generic. I told him one time a long time ago, that I like flowers, much like the flowers in my wedding. He still tends to lean towards carnations this time of year, but one day I may sway him on over to actual flowers. I just think that EVERYONE gets roses, I want something different. And to be real honest, I don't care all that much for flowers as a gift anyways. And Levi did get me a very nice, spa quality (and spa priced) robe. So I'm very happy. We spent the night eating a home cooked dinner and watched 'The Heartbreak Kid' with Ben Stiller (note to any parents who have not seen this yet, it is not a movie for kids... at all!). I think it's funny how life can change so much. I'd rather cuddle up with a good movie and a belly full of a good meal, than to go out and be wined and dined somewhere where they can't even cook a steak like I want.

The first picture below is Lauren eating a 'tater'. Lauren generally sits with use when we eat diner. Sometimes if it pans out right, she even eats her food while we eat. Tuesday night I cooked up some home fries that were rather large and soft. She was watching me and Levi eat so we thought we'd see if she's eat it. She ate a whole 'fry' minus the skin. She just sucked and sucked, and we were careful not to let her choke. She LOVED it! I could tell she wanted more, but instead, got her usual jarred baby food. So I imagine it will not be long before she is eating table food. She seems to understand 'guming' he food and swallowing.

The second picture is from yesterday, Valentine's Day. First I had an interview for Post Master Relief at our post office, it's just mostly Saturday's, but I hated not to interview and get my foot in that door. Once Lauren is older, it might be possible to go somewhere else full time. Afterwards, we met the girls from work in Burns Flat for some lunch. It was so great to see them, and let them play with Lauren.

























So here is the valentine's card that I created and sent out.















Here are a few layouts I have done recently.

















































One day Grannie Betty came over and held Lauren. She really was hamming it up, so I got the camera out. These are some of the shots I caught. She really does have 'many faces'. She's such a turkey. Grannie Betty kept her for me yesterday while I rant to my interview. When I dropped her off, she was asleep in her carrier. Grannie said when I got back that Lauren started really fussing in her carrier, and cried. As Grannie was trying to get her out, she said Lauren immediately quit crying, and starting smiling and giggling. I think someone is a little spoiled.


























Well, we leave in less than two hours to go get Hunter. I am so excited to see him, my heart is just jumping! One of my really good girlfriends, Dana, is coming by to pick Lauren up and will keep her for us tonight. We will be back around 8 or so. It's three hours out there, and three hours back, but we may stop and eat a good dinner with him. I know he is excited too. He never really has enough time here. We rush him around to see everyone and do as much as possible. I know top of his list is too beat me at 'Rodeo-opoly' again. Little stinker is good!!!! Seriously, I don't play that 'let them win' game. He's just good!

Well, I shall return sometime next week with more pictures and a weekend update.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Love Levi, Shannon, and Lauren!!!

1 comment:

Monica said...

great lo's!!

That is awesome Levi remembered V day! I'm proud of him!