I can't imagine how Mother Nature feels right now... I know how I feel. And others. This stupid weather, not making it's mind up, is making everyone sick or confused. My poor tree is already budding!Last night was not a good night. Very long and tiring. Lauren was not feeling good. Finally around three-something this morning, Levi told me to just bring her to bed. Finally she slept from about 4-6 or so. I took her to the dr. this morning thinking it was her ears, but the dr. said they weren't red. So your guess is as good as ours. I haven't managed much today, I never napped, but I did rest while she slept.
On our way home from the dr. I took the back roads, hoping to help her fall asleep. As you can see a bit further down, it worked. Levi and I used to drive around A LOT, pre-Lauren, and he would stop and let me take pictures. It was our 'together' time. Riding dates are what we called them.
I do a lot of shooting from my car, and even what some call 'from the hip'. Sometimes I'm not sure how my picture is framed, and it's a lot of fun to see what I have captured.... the mule shots from the other night was 'shooting from the hip'.

For example this shot was taken on the way home today. While I was driving. But don't worry (GRANDMA), I was fully looking at the road. I just set my camera on the steering wheel and snapped. I will share that despite coming from TREE-country, I love western Oklahoma. It has a certain beauty that can't be seen in East Texas. I commonly refer to it as God's Country. The Gold, The Blue, and The Green. It's awesome!




My partner in crime...

She likes to say 'mooooooo' now.


This blue heron reminded me of a trip home several years ago... I took Levi and Hunter home to see my family in East Texas. My mother and I decided to run to town for some reason (can't remember why). Just about a quarter of a mile from my parents house, one of these guys laid flapping on the side of the road. I stopped and backed up while my mother and Hunter were asking 'why? why?' looking around... She had a towel in the back of her explorer, so I wrapped him up in it and took him back to their house. We made a few phone calls and found a lady that rehabilitated animals. I'll never forget how bony and odd he felt. He did try to bite me. Hunter thought it was so much fun! We never took a picture, and we never knew what happened to him. But any time I see one, I can't help but think of him.


5 comments:
beautiful photos that capture the beauty of nature. great job Shannon! I'm sorry that Lauren is having issues at night. I can so sympathize with you. Ethan is almost 11 months and has slept through the night one time (and it wasn't last night)
Although I live in MD, my parents were both born and raised in OK so we go back when we can for family reunions and such...I just love going there, it is such a unique beautiful state, and so very different from where I live now. Lovely photos!
Oh gosh, I have family all over OK! My parents grew up in Guthrie/Crescent area. I have family in Okeene, Enid, Oklahoma City just to name a few! What part do you live in?
A while back I found you through comments on PW's site. I am de-lurking today, to tell you I really like your blog, and your photography is outstanding!
Trust me, you CANNOT turn loose of a camera "on the steering wheel" in time to correct a wandering auto! Especially one that cost as much as yours did. But you know, I'm beginning to think your m-i-l is right - we just have to get over it! I know you are an excellent driver! I'm sorry Lauren isn't sleeping - There is a reason for it I'm sure - but I'm also sure we'll never know. Sometimes kids just don't sleep. grandma
Post a Comment