Well, I am finally feeling like sitting at the computer and giving you an update... I won't say a whole lot tonight:First, I am home and feeling ok. I'm still a little sore, and like my neighbor put it, feel like a mule kicked me in the stomach. Nothing went right with our trip other than the good food at red lobster. We had a late start, so by the time we checked in, we didn't have any time to swim, and I was absolutely bummed. I felt like a little kid being told no in a candy store. I wanted to swim soooo bad! The next morning, we got a phone call from the hospital at 5:45 asking if we could come in early, the surgery before us canceled. Se we rushed around to get there, and I was prepped and shoved off for surgery by 7:30 am. We were told it was about an hour-hour and a half surgery. So Levi expected me out by 9, 10 at the latest. Finally the dr. came out and told him that he had a hard time getting my to stop bleeding on the right side, and I saw Levi at 11. Wow, coming out of the anesthesia was hard. I think I really got a hold on what was going on around 12:30 or so.
They kept coming in to check on me and give me some pain meds in my iv, trying to get me to convince myself to go home. Finally we left around 3 and headed home. I slept most of the way.
Other things going on: Hunter had his tournament that wasn't really a tournament last Saturday, they lost, but had fun anyways.
The talent show went well. Better than I had expected it too. I had an attendance over 40 and it was a hit. There is a picture below of us in our best. Hunter was a gentleman holding the door open for everyone. And after the show, his fears were eased, and he informed me that next time he would sing with me! I didn't get to play my clarinet as something is wrong with it, so I did a funny monologue that had everyone laughing.
Other than that, I am just trying to heal up and get my house organized... back to normal if there is such a thing.
With the blog layout and it not looking right, I will work on that asap. Until then I'm not sure what to do. I can't understand why it is fine for some and not for others. I have been thinking about switching to wordpress (another blog site) anyways, so we'll see. If someone would send me a screen print of how they see the blog incorrectly, I would appreciate it!







5 comments:
You guys are good looking, and the photographer isn't bad either!! We are proud of you as parents, as grandchildren, and as church and community minded people. grandma
Your blog appears fine at this time, Shannon. Hope you are resting well tonight. grandma
Recovering with a little one to care for must be so tough. She was already such a doll, but she is just looking prettier and prettier every time I see new pictures. Especially with those blue, blue eyes and that beautiful blond hair getting thicker. About the birthdays, I KNOW!! Can you believe it? I just bought his invitations after convincing myself that logically, if I wasn't caught up on his scrapbook, I shouldn't take the time to make invites.
Hope your back to normal soon!
Shannon, your family is so cute. Wonderful picture. Your princess is growing up so fast. Her face has changed alot and her hair is getting thicker. I love that dress on you. You are so pretty. Hate to hear you had to have surgery. But glad everything went well. Sorry I havent commented in a while. I do enjoy your blog and check it out as much as I can. I moved to Shreveport a few months ago and have been really busy.
Shan these photos are awesome. I absolutely LOVE the family photo. you look amazing!!! Lauren is growing up sooooo fast!!! please keep the photos coming!
Post a Comment