Ok, so I gotta play catch up since it's been almost a month since I have posted. I apologize to my blog watchers and friends for not posting nor visiting your blogs (I'll be checking in and posting comments as soon as I completely get this blog posted). I just absolutely haven't had much time... Those of you with kids can understand I'm sure. Plus it didn't help that since my surgery life has just been busy overall!
So the next couple of posts are to catch you all up on what's been going on...
Starting with July 2nd, these pics are too cute. I had a dowel rod in the front yard I picked up at the local lumber yard to fix one of her outside toys with. She had more fun with that dowel rod, than she probably has with the toy that needs to be fixed!
So the next couple of posts are to catch you all up on what's been going on...
Starting with July 2nd, these pics are too cute. I had a dowel rod in the front yard I picked up at the local lumber yard to fix one of her outside toys with. She had more fun with that dowel rod, than she probably has with the toy that needs to be fixed!









Also here are some pics after the fun with the dowel rod, we went to grandma's house and sat out in her yard with a snowcone... mmmmmmmm!


She is so dang cute!!! I just can't get over how much cuteness pours out of my darling daughter... really, I'm not biased at all! I know there are cute kids all in the world, but mine is the cutest! hahahah!
The next day, we were down at the barn, and Pa had the tractor out. So the kids played for just a minute on it... they were worn out, can't you tell?
The next day, we were down at the barn, and Pa had the tractor out. So the kids played for just a minute on it... they were worn out, can't you tell?


Then of course, the next day was the Wonderful Fourth of July Celebration... even though our small community continues to diminish, our 4th Celebration stays strong. Every year the festivities include pet, talent, and horseshoe contests, a turtle race, a parade down main street, bingo, free swimming, and a street dance to top the night off. This year Hunter and Levi decided to ride Festus in the parade... I seriously had my doubts, they didn't come up with the term 'Stubborn as a mule' for no reason. But I was pleasantly surprised by him. In fact Levi said that the only two mules did better in the whole parade than the horses did.




Lauren enjoyed watching the parade and I think she was secretly wishing for someone to throw some candy to her!
The rest of our 4th was ok, we had a cookout at a friends house and finished the night with fireworks.
I am so sorry that I haven't posted in a while... however, I do have many more posts and lots of pictures to come, so make sure you check back!!!
We hope that everyone is well!
Shannon
The rest of our 4th was ok, we had a cookout at a friends house and finished the night with fireworks.
I am so sorry that I haven't posted in a while... however, I do have many more posts and lots of pictures to come, so make sure you check back!!!
We hope that everyone is well!
Shannon


2 comments:
I have to LOL at photo #7 with the dowel rod. the angle the photo was taken and the way the rod is and her face make it look like she's falling off the earth and it holding on for dear life! lol
Great photos and it looks like you had a wonderful 4th.
Shannon, the blog looks really good now. No problems with empty space at all. Kids love the dowels, boxes, papers more than any toy. You know how Lauren reads at our house! I don't want leave out Hunter and Levi and Festus, all you guys look good. grandma
Post a Comment