Saturday, November 24, 2007

Our Holiday


This is one my latest digital creations... a picture I took of Hunter a few weeks ago...


Wow! What can I say about the last three days? They have been a roller coaster for sure!!! First off, Wednesday I took Lauren to the dr. for her 2 month check-up and shots... The shots were horrible. She cried; I cried; it was definitely an ordeal. That baby was mad!!! While I was there, I did get my flu shot with hopes that it will help with my sinus/allergies/asthma...

Then Wednesday night, Pa and Grandma came over to watch Hunter and I deorate the tree. Of course the majority of the attention was on the princess... but nobody but Dixie seems to mind! hahaha...

(<------ Here is a blended picture of her first ornament and our actual tree... look to the left, and you will see the full size. Also the ornament with the mother and daughter was a gift from my friend Dana)

Thursday wasn't much of a deal. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal at Granny Nadine's. Darlene brought over Riggs, who is nine days older than Lauren. Lauren was so interested in him. She just smiled and cooed at him, and didn't seem dissapointed when he didn't reciprocate. He was more interested in eating and sleeping.

(<----- This is from Wednesday night, Lauren was talking to Grandma.) Now Friday is where it got hellish. First off, we made a mad-dash to Wal-mart at 5:30 in the morning to get a Cricut machine for Grandma on sale. Then I decided to take Lauren to daycare, since I'm paying for it, so I could get some things done at home. I called to check on her aroun noon and Andrea (the day care lady) said Lauren had projectile vomited after eating only 2 ounces. Now remember Lauren has acid reflux. So I chalked it up to that, or the fact she had just had her shots, and might not be feeling so well. However when I picked her up at 3, she said she had gotten extremely fussy, wouldn't sleep and wouldn't eat anymore. She also was having some episodes where she was acting like she was choking and couldn't breath. So I thought I would go home and call the dr. Guess what? Dr. office was closed. So I called the hospital, and the recommended that I bring her in to have her checked out. It was coming the weekend, and I wanted to be sure.

Grandma rode with me, and we took her to ER to see the on-call dr., dr. Hall. Dr. hall helped me with my tachycardia when I was 18, he's a good dr. She did one of her epsiodes, and he immediately said it was her reflux. If I had to guess, I was giving her motrin for the small fever from her shots, and it was probably messing with the effectivness of her acid reflux medicine. He sent us home with a sleep apnea machine, but we didn't use it. And she didn't have any more episodes. She barely slept last night, off and on and she only had one small episode this morning. Since then, she has slept much better, and is back to her happy normal self.





















1. Wednesday night in Pa's arms
2. Aunt Judy holding her while she played with and talked to Riggs.
3. In her moma's arms after dinner. (you can tell here she was starting to not feel good)


So thats pretty much it. Today has been quiet, the boys went hunting. And me and Lauren are relaxing in front of the computer... the hardest part of my day is going to be deciding what I want for supper.

I hope everyone had a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving!!!


Lots of Love!

Shannon and Lauren

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shannon, again I want to thank you for the Cricut - you know how much you mean to me and you are so thoughtful. I will miss you, Lauren, Hunter, and Levi while we are in south Texas. And the dog too, of course! Take good care of everybody while we're gone. Love, Grandma