Thursday, August 30, 2007

There's a car seat in my car!!!

It's just a crazy thought to me... There's actually a car seat in my car... and soon there will be a little Fry Baby to fill it! Picking up the car seat and stroller was the last official thing I had on my list to do before she gets here. Now that I accomplished that, there are just minor details to the room, and we are set!

It's just so surreal, to see that backseat with the bags and pillows and car seat, knowing it's just a matter of days before our life is changed forever. Things will never be the same! And poor Hunter; he'll have to share the backseat with a little one from now on... no more stretching out and filling the whole back seat himself! lol! And to think, he is only going to get bigger too! lol! May have to get a truck again one day.



Last night was very relaxing. I cooked and cleaned the kitchen, then we sat down at 9:45 for our nightly ice cream. Dixie is a smart dog by all means (or just well trained)... and SHE knows when Levi opens that freezer at night, it's time! She's usually pretty impatient and can't wait for him to be done, because she knows she gets the last few licks... But for some reason tonight, she decided to play it 'cool'...

This just cracks us up!


Can you say 'SPOILED'?

And sadly enough, she didn't even try to get up once she figured out he would just feed her on her back. What a rotten princess; poor dog has no clue whats fixing to happen to her little world once Lauren is here.

Well, I'm off to get some work done. Still gotta bring home a slice of the bacon! lol!

Have a great Thursday Everyone!

Love Shannon



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dixie is such a cute little spoiled girl. That is so sweet. The car seat makes it all feel so real huh? 16 days to go!! You know that is only like 2 weeks?!? My first baby was born 10 days before his due date. I took my leave from work 2 weeks before he was due to prepare and 2 days later I was holding him. I'm glad to see you are all ready! I am so excited for your family!

Monica said...

LOL those are so cute! Big ole Levi man loves that itty bitty dog. See he has a soft side! lol

Love the car seat! it's gonna be AWESOME!!

Lisa Marie Schwerdt said...

Hello there honey...We are the 20th of September! How adorable that she could be born on your anniversary. Yeah we are pretty country for NY. There is a reservoir and a farm across the street from us so I see horses every morning. We are also on an acre of property. I will post the completed pics over the weekend. It must be so surreal to have the carseat back there!! I can only imagine..lol.

Anonymous said...

um...what is he feeding the dog...my goodness. If the dog is spoiled that much, I can only imagine how spoiled Lauren is going to be. LOl...