Saturday, August 11, 2007

Nursery crafts!

Yesterday was a very productive shopping day for me... I managed to find all kinds of goodies to complete Lauren's room. I found cute pink material for curtain panels. I bought the curtain rods, for the panels. Still waiting on Levi to weld the pony-shoes for her valances. I also bought mini-blinds for both of the kids rooms, but am sad to report they were just a smidge too small. So I'll have to return those and buy some more. I bought the big star you see to the left at Atwoods, only 11.00! I also found the cute striped baskets you see at Dollar General for 1.75 and 1.50... The fit the diapers and wipes perfect!

I also found other goodies, such as a 20X shirt for Levi for 13.33, and me a computer chair, which I must say is quite more comfortable than the kitchen chair I was sitting in...





So today I was supposed to take pictures, but the little boy fell and bumped his head, so his mom didn't think that would make for great 1 year pictures. Can't say that I blame her! In the mean time, I got out some of my unused art stuff, and put it to work. Levi's grandmother, DeLeta, gave me the three stars below a long time ago. I just never found the right use. Today, they got a makeover, and I have to say, the pictures don't do them justice.













Just a little more detail to the stars... All paper was cut and hand-inked. Then DeLeta gave me the austrian crystals to use. In the light, these really sparkle, they are so pretty in real life.











I also found this cute chalkboard yesterday at Walmart in the clearance and had an idea. (I bought two, but one of them, once painted, the woodgrain messed up the inking) I'm not completely sure I am happy with the end results, but it's cute anways.


I hope to accomplish more tomorrow... Maybe get Levi to do some welding for me, hmmmm...
I got a confirmation email that our rug has shipped, and it's estimated delivery is Wednesday. I also have a rocking horse from Walmart online, that should be on it's way as well... (Thanks to PaPa and Judy, they gave us a Walmart card.) I have my work shower on Thursday, and I am looking forward to it. My friends at work are really going all out for me. I can't say how much it makes me feel loved!

Well, I better get some supper started. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Love Shannon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon you are so crafty!!! It looks awesome. I wish I was able to see things the way you do. I love how you used the green and pink together. I think her room is looking so picture perfect. Like something you would see in a magazine. The stars are a great touch. She will love the shapes and colors in her room. I think you are doing a wonderful job. :)

Monica said...

WOW!!!! this looks awesome!! I'm so impressed! How did you find the energy?!?!

CJensen said...

So cute!!! LOVE it!