I felt like the most awful mother when I woke up at 6:30 am to find my daughter not in her playpen but toddling behind my aunt Norma down the hall. Apparently aunt Norma couldn't wait to play and sneaked Lauren out of my room about an hour before that. I was THAT tired!
We first took a surprise trip to my dads house, talking to him on the cell phone the whole way... I made him think we were leaving deer camp heading back to town. The closer to his house I got, I made him put the phone on speaker and said I had a very important question to ask:
Me: "so, my question is, is it rude to show up to a Thanksgiving dinner, without a food prepared?"
Them: "no... not at all, especially if you... blah... blah..."
Me: Honks the horn on my car...
Them: "WHAT was that?"
Me: Honks the horn more...
Them: "Where are you? What's going on?"
Finally my brother realizes what's going on, and he yells "Sissy's here!!!!"
They could hear the horn on their speaker phone, but also in their front yard... It took them a second to figure it out, and when they did, they were very surprised!
We drove back to aunt Norma's to be with the rest of the family. And then took a second trip back out to my dad's. He had to be on his rig the next morning.

My new friend, "Pretty Boy"... Funny story about this bird; he landed on dad's head one day in their front yard. So they took him in the house. Put out the word about a missing bird, but no one ever claimed him. He's such a sweet bird!

Lauren loves moma Karen... a lot. Here she was wanting mom to put her glasses on Lauren's baby doll...

Dad took Lauren for a ride on the four wheeler. She loved it until he put it in reverse and the shifting scared her.

My uncle Robert seeing her for the first time...

This was a the first time my Grandma Pepper has seen Lauren. She fell in love immediately. My grandma just had knee surgery (part of why we decided to go home) so she wasn't at her 'best'.

Some cuddle time earlier that morning

This is Valerie, my cousin Jayson's wife, whom I just love! She's so nice!

My cousin Jayson, or better known as 'Biggin'...

Me and Valerie and the princess! We took an early morning visit to JC Penney's to get some boots I eyed in the ads...

And last but most certainly not least...

Aunt Norma, thank you so much for having us! I can't wait to come back again at Christmas!
Other than that, I spent three days in the car, and I'm glad to finally be at rest at home. We took Hunter home on Sunday, and Levi and I did a little Christmas shopping. I have tons of things to do, so I'm off of here to go do them.
Make sure you check back... I have some cute pictures of Lauren to post playing in the East Texas leaves. I also have some good news to share... No, I'm not pregnant, but it does require some toasting, to me.
Email, call, or write us, we love you all!


1 comment:
Your daughter is so precious. Just thought I swing by I was on sb.com.
Post a Comment